Chapter 22

An- that last thing got to 10 votes and now Kami is going to hit me with a pillow.

Abuse?!?!?!

I GOT THROWN UNDER THE BUS BY MY READERS??

.
.
.

I gripped the handle of the shower and lifted myself up, trying not to slip. I heard a creak, sending alarms off in my head until a crack rang out along with me falling again.

"Ow." I groaned, rubbing the back of my head.

Rushed footsteps came to the bathroom and I heard the splintering of wood. Nearly five seconds later I heard a groan of protest escape the door as it clashed to the ground.

I squeaked in fright as the shower curtain got pulled open in haste to reveal me. I was now lying in a ball trying to cover myself.

Spencer stood above me, eyes dark as he stared down at me. His nostrils were slightly flared, his gaze running along the sight of my nudity.

"Um, I am A okay, so you can go now before you do something..." I rushed out, my voice a little raspy. His eyes seemed to turn darker becore he shut them closed. He took one huge inhale of air before sprinting for the doorway.

You know, since their isn't really a door anymore...

I waited until his scent was faint before getting up delicately. My head ached slightly as my fingers grazed the spot where I hit it.

"Just fucking great. This is honestly my luck." I grumbled as I turned the shower off. I gingerly got out of the shower, grabbing the towel to wrap around myself.

I brushed through my wet hair before putting it into a high, sleek pony tail. I then flung on a pair of basketball shorts and a long red t-shirt that swallowed me up.

As you can tell, these are Spencer's clothes.

I made my way into the room, careful to avoid stubbing my toe or such on the fallen door. It was a brave soldier, I will give it that. It fought hard to keep me in peace for a couple of seconds before I continuously fell down.

A scowl took over my features at the remembrance of me falling. My fingertips lightly grazed the area that kept getting damage done to. I winced slightly before huffing in annoyance.

I belly flopped on my bed, my face smacking into the pillow. I laid there, dozing in and out of sleep lightly, never really truly going into deep bliss.

The faint creak of a door opening woke me, but I kept my eyes closed and pretended to stay asleep as I heard the door click shut gently.

To my right I felt the bed dip with the weight of Spencer most likely. My assumption was soon confirmed as I risked a peek his way.

He had his eyes shut, breathing evenly as he tried to fall asleep.

"I know that you're awake. And staring at me as if I was a god."

I froze in place, not breathinng as embarrassment flushed through me.

"H-how did you-"

Spencer cut me off, still not opening his eyes. "I could hear your heartbeat pick up slightly, and you moved a little. Your heart has stayed at the same pace until now. It is thumping like crazy."

I huffed in annoyance, turning onto my back. A devilish smile graced my lips as I quickly flopped onto Spencer.

It was not a soft landing, mind you. His muscles felt like rock, causing me to wince slightly when I did land.

"Geez, what are you? Made of stone?" I grumbled, poking his chest lightly. It did feel rock hard.

"No, just my extremely hot muscles babe." He finally opened his eyes to look into mine. We held each other's gaze before I looked away, blushing lightly. I felt his strong arms wrap around me, a flush of warmth along with it. I layed my head on his chest and we just layed there before I spoke up.

"Tomorrow am I going to be meeting your Beta?"

He tensed a little bit at the mention of his Beta before relaxing again.

"Ya, you will."

"Why did you tense up?" I whispered softly. He shivered, tightening his grip ever so slightly.

"Just my Beta... He is a little bit of a flirt around beautiful girls."

"He hasn't found his mate then?"

"No, he hasn't. He doesn't exactly care for one, but he says that he wouldn't treat her badly or anything. Right now he is, and I quote, 'Living out his mateless days to the fullest.' "

I giggled lightly, before a question sprung to my mind. I didn't exactly like the question but I wanted to know.

"Have you ever lived your mateless days to the fullest?" Quoting that in any other situation eith any other person would have me full on laughing by what I just said. But the thought of your own mate with another girl is enough to make you want to slit every girl's throat he has come in contact with.

I mean, hi, I am Paige and I am the sweetest girl alive.

"I will admit, I have dated girls before. But I never have slept with them. The modt it would go to is a make out session."

Relief went through me before a large cloud of hurt came rolling on in. The idea of Spencer with another girl didn't exactly appeal to me.

"Oh." I whispered, not knowing what to say.

Suddenly fingers clutched my chin softly, but the grip was firm enough to tilt my head up. My eyes met his as he spoke.

"But they mean nothing to me. You are my top priority above anything. You always will be, I promise." He kissed the tip of my nose delicately before letting go of my chin.

I rested my face on his chest again, a content feeling rushing through me. Sleepiness pulled at my senses, making me slip in and out of sleep once again. A little while later, I felt Spencer's lips brush against my forehead before I fell in a deep sleep.

.
.
.

I had to restart writing this chapter twice just bc in the middle of my writing it would glitch out and have, 'Chapter 22' WITH 0 WORDS PRESENT FOR MY EYEBALLS TO FOCUS ON AND READ SKWLWPWLWLQP

So ya. Oh, and I am also going to be busy once school starts up again in a couple of weeks. With volleyball, school and select fastpitch my life shall be hectic.

NOW AT 1:07 AM I WANT BURRITOS, HELP ^.^