Chapter 11

Paige's Pov:

I dropped down to my knees to check his heart. I pressed my fingers to his wrist and felt the steady beat of his heart. Okay, that's good. He's still alive, just passed out. One thing kept ringing in my mind though.

I rejected him.

I rejected him.

I rejected him.

But for a valid reason.

Yeah but because I rejected him, he is passed out on the floor! Does this happen to everybody when your mate rejects you, you just pass out on the floor from pain? Or was this the first time this has ever happened? The questions swam in my head but I inhaled sharply and let out a large gust of air, attempting to clear my head.

"I need to call a doctor." I whispered to myself. Gathering my thoughts and overwhelming emotions, I stood rather shakily to my feet. My legs wobbled with every step I took. I paused and gripped the leather couch in a steel like grip to steady myself. Once everything around me was in focus and my legs stopped shaking so much, I made my way to the phone.

Rejecting your 'mate' really took a toll on you. It made your head spin, your chest ache, made you feel so light headed you felt as if you were in the clouds, your stomach churn out of nerves, and tiredness wrap itself around you like a thick blanket. I believe this was one way the Moon Goddess kept mates together, and the headache that was making me want to scream confirmed my thoughts that this was punishment from the Moon Goddess that if one mate rejected the other, this pushed them to rekindle their 'love.'

I gripped the phone and breathed in another large gulp of air. My head was swimming and my eyes began to tear up, but I forced my shaky numbers to get to work on the number pad. But I messed up and with a curse, ended the call. This time I sucked in a deep breath that I held, then began pressing the buttons rather feverishly.

The phone started ringing.

I did it. Okay. The joy that washed over me quickly faded as my head pounded and vision grew very fuzzy. Oh gosh, I felt like throwing up.

I carried no regrets despite how everything seemed to spin around me as the phone continued to ring. He was being an egotistical bastard, making me want to reject him. And so I did.

"Hello?" A deep voice asked.

I couldn't see straight now, and all my thoughts were jumbled. It felt like my brain was a library, all books out of place and everything was a complete mess. Finally I gathered myself enough to respond to the man on the other line.

"A-ace passed out on the f-floor." I wheezed out, then gripped my pounding head with shaky fingers with the hand that was hanging limply by my side. Me rejecting him kept racing through my head, the way he dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes. As if my thoughts were a cd in the record player that was stuck, the scene kept replaying as the doctor spoke.

"Okay, we will be there right away!"

Then the line went dead.

My chest felt very heavy and it was hard to blink. My vision was hazy, barely making out the people bustling around us. They all appeared to be blobs.

"Are you alright?" A woman's voice echoed in my ears. She placed a hand on my burning forehead. Ringing sounded, making me wince for the first time out of all of the pain going on in my head and the ache that was prominent in my chest.

I heard snips of what the woman was saying to another blurry figure.

"She- sit- soon."

A cry of anguish escaped me and I fell to the floor.

Shouting is what I heard now, or I think shouting. The ringing was so strong, it made it seem like everybody's words were submerged in water.

A voice spoke in my head, and I could hear it despite all the chaos going on around me and the ringing in my ears.

We will be one now.
.
.
.
.
.
An~ I just hit the gym with the high school basketball coach and EVERYTHING HURTS!!!

I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the cliff hanger...

:p