Chapter 12

I rubbed my eyes and cracked them open slowly to peer all around me. I was sitting in the middle of nowhere, everything around me dark.

It seemed so... empty... so endless.

"H-hello?" I called out. My voice echoed all around me then seemed to come back ten times louder. I cowered, covering my ears and shutting my eyes as the sound of my voice seemed to drill itself into my brain.

Then suddenly everything was silent.

Once I cracked open my eyes and there in front of me stood a beautiful, tall young lady. She had thick, gorgeous dark brown hair piled on top of her head with loose strands framing her small face, a shining silver crown placed on top of her head delicately. She had glittering eyelids, silver tinted lashes, a warm blush, a blinding smile, and deep brown eyes that seemed to hold many secrets. She was the definition of flawless.

"Hello dear child." She spoke, her words soft and well spoken, washing over you like warm honey.

"Hello?" I replied, but it sounded more like a question to my ears.

She laughed delicately at my response. Her laughter was like wind chimes on a quiet autumn afternoon, so soothing and soft. The sound of her laughter made you want to relax and practically melt into a puddle.

What the heck was going on with me?

"Do you have any idea who I am?" She questioned, arching one of her perfect dark brows at me with a small, cheeky grin.

"N-no. Sorry," I stuttered. Guilt hit me hard in the stomach, as if I should know who this is. Something about her seemed so... familiar.

She waved it off with a warm, affectionate smile. Her smiling was contagious, making me want to smile as well.

"It's fine, child. I am the Moon Goddess."

"T-t-the MOON GODDESS?!" I spluttered out, eyes wide in shock and mouth wide open in awe. A fly could probably fly in my mouth and down to my belly with how wide my mouth was.

She rolled her eyes at my response which made me immediately shut my mouth with a small scowl and glare.

Wow, rude.

That's the moon goddess you're talking about!

What?! Who are you?!

Interesting story actually. I'm your wolf Midnight.

I don't have a wolf. I must be going crazy.

"Yes. I am THE Moon Goddess," I rolled my eyes at her cocky tone, "and I have come to talk to you about Ace."

"Ace?" I asked in a tiny squeak, eyes widening in fear. To be honest, I was terrified. This was the Moon Goddess I was talking to after all and I had blacked out from the pain she bestowed on me earlier due to rejecting him. Although I did have my reasons for rejecting him.

"Yes, Ace. You should not have rejected-"

"You don't understand! He was being a complete douche! Egotistical!" I shouted at her, completely cutting her off and my fear of her quickly diminishing, quickly replaced with frustration.

She sent me a fierce glare, her eyes suddenly shifting to a spooky white. I felt my frustration promptly melt away and be replaced with a paralyzing fear. My heartbeat picked up as she took one step closer to me.

I inched away slowly as she spoke, her voice not at all soft now. It stung me like venom, making me wince.

"Do not interrupt me child. I have very little patience. I am with you when I should be looking over all were-kind." She spoke fiercely, pointing a strict finger at me as a deadly silver fire danced in her eyes.

"S-sorry." I squeaked out, continuing to inch away from her. She may be my protector/goddess, but right now, she seemed like she was gonna hit me.

Or way worse just from the look in her eyes.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath then exhaled, suddenly relaxing her whole body. She plastered a stunningly fake smile on her face before replying, "It is okay, my child. You need to accept him, and soon... Something is coming."

I flinched back from her flip-flop of emotions, eyes wide. Not going to lie, it was kind of scary how she could compose herself so fast. I didn't respond for a few moments as I continued to stare at her with shock.

"I can't accept him! He was a jerk!" I suddenly exclaimed, throwing my hands up into the air with a slight growl escaping. She may be scary and all, but I simply could not accept him. Not after what he did and the way he was treating me.

"You need to accept him. And soon." She repeated, this time with a grave expression. My eyes searched her cold, impassive ones and irritation built up inside as I could not read her at all. She was amazing with wiping all emotions off her face.

I guess she has had eternity to practice.

"Why?! What's coming?!" I cried out as everything blurred around me once more. Cold wind whipped my hair all around, nipping at my cheeks fiercely.

"Something- coming. Prepare- fight."

Then I woke up.
.
.
.
.
An~ Sorry that it's such a short chapter! But the Moon Goddess showed up and something is gonna happen...

Well, a boy gave me his sweatshirt, and he hasn't asked for it back and it's been two days!😆

M'Kay, Bai!