Chapter 4

One minute, I had a prominent smirk evident on my features and the next I was tackled to the ground, causing a groan to escape me. The groan was quickly followed up with laughter. Don't ask, sometimes in serious situations, I laugh.

So I laughed as the huge wolf growled at me- my mate. The once icy blue eyes were now a golden color. Only Alphas had those colored eyes when truly angry... So my mate is an alpha! Cool, I guess. A giggle escaped me as he bared his shiny white canines at me, wanting me to be obedient like a lil' pup.

I simply laughed right in his face, ruffling his silky raven hair. My mate purred as I kept running my hands through his thick fur, appreciating the feeling of his soft fur. I chuckled as he purred, his eyes still a deep honey color.

"Well there kitty." I muttered as I gripped his face gently between my two hands. I kissed the tip of his damp nose gently. He licked my cheek in reply, then buried his huge head in the crook of my neck. He took in deep breaths for a couple of moments then leaned back off of me and sat down. He looked like a little obedient puppy. It was honestly kind of adorable.

"Awe. You're so cute." I cooed to which he whined in protest... Probably about being called cute. Wolves don't exactly like the fact people think that they are adorable instead of fierce. They want to seem intimidating. So when people write stories as if they only exist for love and a good source of rom-com movies... they get just a tad bit angry.

"Oh, quit whining. I have to pack and go to your place, don't I? Considering you're an Alpha and all." I sighed, standing up and dusting off my clothes and straightening my hair.

My mate got up and walked off to the bushes, then came back out. This time he had a pair of worn out jeans hung dangerously low, exposing his deep v-line and six pack. I averted my gaze, a blush creeping on my cheeks as I set out. Howls were heard all around us as people found their mates I noticed as we kept walking. I must have been to wrapped up as my own mate found me to notice.

We finally arrived at the part of the area where the trees began to thin out, exposing the parking lot. I zipped up my jacket higher, the wind chilling me. I could feel goosebumps forming on my skin as we approached my moms car.

She looked at my mate behind me, then returned her gaze to me with a teasing glint in her eye. Uh oh.

"So you must be Paige's mate..." She trailed off, amusement now shining in the depths of her eyes.

"I'm right here, you know!" I complained, walking past my mother who started pinching my mate's cheeks. Oh my gosh.

"Leave him alone mom." I called back and saw my mate staring at me with desperate eyes. I chuckled dryly and turned around, continuing on to the black Mercedes that is my mom's car.

"What is your name, anyway?" I called back to my mate, opening the drivers door. I was driving, my mom deserves some rest.

"I'm Ace." My mate called back.

"Honey, I'll drive." My mom insisted, now at my side. She tried to pry me away from the driver's door but I clung to it, not once budging as she tugged at the sleeve of my leather jacket.

"No mom, I got it. Even if you had Peta wake me up at freaking 4:30 in the morning!... I'll drive. You deserve some rest." I said, noticing the light circles underneath her eyes.

"Thank you." She said after a moments hesitation, yawning at the end. She scooted over and opened the back seat, hopping in.

"Who's Peta?" Asked Ace accusingly, opening the passenger's side door. I was already seated down, waiting for him to get in.

"He's my boyfriend." I replied dryly, holding out my hand for the keys. Mom leaned forward and placed them in my out stretched hand with a small chuckle. Yep, I'm the comedian in the family.

"You're mine." He growled possessively as I inserted the keys in the ignition. The car purred to life and I checked all the mirrors, making sure they were all in place.

"I was kidding. He's my twin brother. I have all brother's in my family. So it is only me and my mom that are the girls underneath the roof... By the way, this is America. Newsflash, I am free. I have the liberty to do or say what I want. I'm not your little toy." I replied, pulling out of the lot.

"Oh." He replied, embarrassment clear in his tone.

"Don't be hard too on him, Paige. I could show him your baby photos." My mom threatened with amusement lacing in her tones. Somehow I I felt like that threat was a silent promise to Ace to show the photos.

"You wouldn't." I muttered, flickering my gaze in the mirror to my mother who was grinning impishly and back to the road.

"Oh, I beg to differ." She responded, making my skin crawl at her evil tone.

"I would honestly love to see Paige's baby photos." Piped in Ace smugly.

"But you honestly wouldn't. You would probably reject me once you set eye on them." I grumbled, focusing strictly on the road as a way to not look at either of the two jerks in the car.

"Oh Paige, always being the dramatic one." Sighed my mother as I heard shuffling. What the-

"This is Paige taking her first bath..."

"MOM!" I yelled shrilly, my voice coming out squeaky and high. Embarrassment seemed to want to be more prominent on me as my cheeks flushed a deep crimson.

"How cute." Mused Ace as my mom continued despite my protest which seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I
Am
Officially
Scarred
For
Life

-
-
-
Author's Note-

So, I am so clumsy.

You might be like, Ya, well, I trip at least once a day or something.

But NO. It's much worse for me.

Mud seems to draw me in, because I slipped on it today playing football with my friends! I tripped over a bench! Have faceplanted numerous times! Always trip over my own shoes like today, I was practicing with this REALLY GOOD BASKETBALL COACH AND WHILE RUNNING, MY SHOES DECIDED THEY WANTED TO BE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL SO I TRIPPED AND THE BALL HIT ME IN THE FACE. I have fallen down the stairs and my friend thought I broke my back! While on the trampoline, I FELL OFF playing dead man. I have tripped and FALLEN INTO MY SISTERS TOY BIN! And I have so many more it's just...

Whew!😪