Chapter 25

Anger was what kept pushing me as I sprinted towards the East border. The edges of my vision were tinted red as I ran along with a small group. Spencer, Nolan and I had grouped together to go searching for the two rogues.

I came to a skidding stop in front of a small group. Two figures had doctors hovering over them. One of them was a girl as young as fourteen getting her leg wrapped, her arm already bandaged. She was laying down, jaw clenched in obvious pain. The other one was a man that appeared to be twenty-one. He was knocked out, an apparent gash on the side of his head that was getting tended to. His arm looked broken, twisted at a disturbing angle that made my stomach churn in discomfort.

Another body lay off to the side. It was a woman, who looked to be twenty-five. She had rich brown hair that stood out from her rather pale skin. A large gash was in her side.

"Cause of death was bleeding out?" I asked, peering over at a nurse who was rushing around the area, offering bandages and anything else of need.

"Yes. The rogue that had died created that large gash in her side, damaging vital organs and causing her to quickly bleed out before help could arrive." The nurse muttered, shifting through a bag of supplies with her eyebrows drawn together in concentration.

"Oh." I choked out, eyes watering as I looked away into the woods to take a moment and just breathe.

Two others, both men who looked identical stood off to the side muttering to each other.

I walked over to them, the sound of twigs snapping barely audible over the talk between the nurses and doctors tending to the wounded.

"Are you two the ones that were on the patrol that came through alive?" I asked. My arms were crossed, voice steady as I spoke.

"Yes. I just have a few scratches on my back. Trey here took a bite to the leg but nothing too serious that our wolves can't handle. We're fine."

I offered a smile, "Glad to hear it."

"Paige! Over here!" I heard Spencer shout.

I looked around, confused until I spotted Spencer. He was waving to catch my attention. Five people were near him, staring at me without any shame about it.

I turned back to Trey and Gabriel. "I will talk to you two later to see how you guys are doing."

Gabriel offered a smile, Trey just nodded in confirmation. I began walking towards Spencer but hesitated a step.

I continued on, shrugging off the protective side that seemed to be seeping out of me. One pack member dead and two injured really seemed to set my mind reeling by how much I cared for them all in such a small span of time. I haven't even met them all, and still my heart ached for the pack's lost. It's probably just a part of being Luna.

"We're increasing patrols around this general area seeing how it closer to the local Rogue Territory. We'll stretch the increased amount of patrols along the border a couple of miles. We don't want to wear out our pack, seeing as how we have to add that other pack to our own with an official ceremony soon anyways."

I stared off into the trees as I spoke. "How many members are a part of this pack?"

"Currently we have around 575. Adding the other pack to our own we will have nearly 750." Spencer replied.

I met his hard stare with my own. "We need to do the ceremony soon so we have more people on patrol. When will the ceremony take place?"

"It can only take place every full moon, beginning at midnight."

"So when will that be?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Next week on Tuesday." He answered gruffly.

"Okay then. Meanwhile we will increase the patrols closest to the Rogue territories?"

"Yes, and also prepare our own territory for the arrival of the new members. Which includes building new houses, maybe even extending our territory a little bit..." Spencer trailed off, brows furrowed in thought.

"So we will be building, stretching out our area, increasing patrols, and...?" I trailed off, expecting more.

"And just cleaning up our territory all together. Everybody will need to look presentable, so this weekend I will be paying for everyone that goes to the mall. It will be on our pack credit card." Spencer said, shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal.

"That's going to cost a lot, Spencer..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"Yes, but the government pays for us too. They know about werewolves, but to humans we are some huge company. We're a clothing company."

"Oh, wow. Do we even sell clothes?"

"Yes. Our brand is called Wild." Recognition hit me at that.

"Wild sells shoes, sweats, but their highest selling item is their basic tees, right?" I asked.

"Why yes. The shoes only have the word Wild written on the side of the pure white shoe in red cursive, they aren't really athletic attire just normal shoes. Our shirts on the other hand, we have so many different ones. The regular shirt, the original has wild written in the center of the chest in pitch black print."

"I love the brand. It is just a brand you can pair with everything and not get backlash for it."

"It makes us money and ended up being a well known brand. It helps with a lot of things around the pack." Spencer murmured, running a hand through his hair. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and then exhaled while opening his eyes.

"This attack is seriously going to freak the pack out." He muttered. I put a reassuring hand on his arm. "That's why I'm here, right? To help the pack emotionally?"

His eyes met mine, an unreadable emotion in the depths of his gaze. "I also want you to be here, for me. You calm me down with just a glance your way. You help my wolf and I, we're stronger with you."