Chapter 24

An- Don't kill me, plzzzzzzzz for this very very very late update :)

The sun shining through the curtains is what woke me up. I wish I was one of those girls that would wake up looking fully refreshed, hair silky smooth and a bright smile on their face.

Except, I am the opposite of that. I woke up with a scowl, messy bed hair and I had deep under eye circles.

Perfect morning so far, I assure you.

To my left was a snoring Spencer to which I rolled my eyes. I am not exactly a morning person, and being greeted by the sweet sound... note my sarcasm.... of snoring did not make me the slightest bit happy.

But I wasn't going to wake him up because of his snoring, he probably had a long night-

My train of thought got cut off as he wrapped an arm around my waist, pullinf me into the side of his body. His snoring had eased, thank goodness, but now I was trapped.

"Fuck." I mumbled, looking down at the arm that was loosely yet firmly wrapped around my waist.

"What do I.... ugh." I grumbled, defeat licking at my senses.

Squirming was my best option, so squirming was what I did. I squirmed out of his arms, wincing and pausing every time his breathing would hitch or he moved.

In a matter of a minute that could l have took ten seconds if I simply had the guts to wake him up, I was out of his arms and rushing towards the bathroom.

My efforts were wasted because he woke up anyways.

"... Where are you, Paige?" A raspy, deep voice said, making a grin appear on my face. I'm sorry, but his morning voice made me happy because it was simply sexy as hell.

"In the bathroom." I replied, my voice cracking at the end making me wince.

The soft sound of footsteps came my way and I turned around to come face to face with Spencer. He had a concerned expression but appeared relieved once his eyes landed on me.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, to which he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly in a firm hug. Tingles spread through me as I hugged him back, a smile now clear as day on my face.

He finally responded after a couple seconds of us embracing. "I thought you were crying because your voice cracked. It made me worried." He whispered into my ear, the breeziness of when he spoke tickling my neck.

"O-oh," I stuttered, "well, I wasn't crying. My voice always cracks in the morning. It isn't raspy, just crackly."

He chuckled at that, bringing us both down to lay on the bed, wrapped in one another's embrace.

After a couple minutes passed by of both of us calming our racing hearts and getting used to the intimate moment we were both not used to with one another, Spencer spoke.

"Mhmmmm. I could honestly just lay in bed with you all day like this. It makes me feel content and happy." I grinned at that, burying my face into his neck.

"Me too." Was all I said in reply, my lips faintly brushing at his neck. I felt him shiver, his arms tightening around me. My heart seemed to race a little in excitement, at the conformation of the effect I carry on him.

After a couple more minutes ticked by, the door burst open to my utter fury.

"Alpha! There has been a rogue attack on the East border!" A young male, around 17 spoke as he burst in the room. I glanced up to meet his gaze.

His eyes were a warm, forgiving brown that widened at the sight of us embracing. A faint red seemed to tint his cheeks out of embarassment, and he cast his glance towards the window until Spencer spoke.

"And the patrol was not there at the time?! Nolan, we have plenty of wolves, we have a patrol every hour for Goddess's sake! When did this happen?!"

The young man, Nolan, replied almost instantly, "Fifteen minutes ago, sir. Three rogues ambushed the patrol, killing one and injuring two of the five who had patrolled." My heart wrenched as he spoke. One of my pack members had died. And I was not there to do anything.

"What was their name?" I whispered. I could feel Spencer's gaze on me as I spoke. We were no longer embracing, we were sitting side by side, our attention on Nolan.

"The girl who died was Neleah. The two injured was a boy named Trey and another boy named Gabriel."

"Neleah." I whimpered, tears in my eyes as the pain seemed to hit me full force. I hadn't even known her, but it was my responisibility to keep her safe and I had somehow failed. I had failed my pack.

"Yes, but, Alpha, we need you now on the East border. We killed one rogue and the other two fled." Nolan spoke urgently, hands moving as he spoke.

"I'm going." I announced, standing up.

"Are you sure?" Spencer asked, eyebrows knitted together as he glanced at me in uncertainty.

"Yes, I am sure." I snapped, heading for the door. I don't care if I was in my pajamas, I could care less. My pack needed me right now, and I would be there for them.

"... Paige. You have to change." Spencer called after me.

"No! We have to go check the border and visit Trey and Gabriel!" I shouted, anger flooding my senses. Could he not see that we needed to be there for our pack members?!

"Yes, but some still see you as weak and they will question your Luna position if you walk out in the attire you are currently in." Spencer spoke, breaking through to my senses. He was right.

"Fine." I grumbled. I rushed back in the room, and grabbed whatever I could find. It ended up being Nike Spandex leggings with a simple white T-Shirt and thick grey Nike hoodie. I rushed down the stairs after that, my hair thrown in a quick, tight pony tail and I slipped on my worn out white, dirty converse.

"Can we go now?!" I asked anxiously, my gaze flickering around the room as my heart pumped rapidly.

"Yes, we can go." Spencer said, already out the door.