Chapter 30

"You know, you can relax a little. We got him, everything should calm down and become peaceful for a while."

My gaze flitted over to Spencer for a brief moment before returning to the grass I was picking at. A sigh escaped my lips before I whispered, "I know... it's just that I can't help but think back on what we could've done to prevent losing those members of the pack."

After Ace had agreed to go back to the cove, the rogues quickly dispersed. All of the rogues were gone within a minute and once the meadow had cleared out we began to do damage control. The pack doctors had rushed over in trucks and those in critical condition were thrown in the truck beds, and rushed back to the pack hospital. Ten members of our pack died during that fight and twelve rogues passed as well. Five more member of the pack passed that were rushed back to the hospital due to their conditions. We lost fifteen pack members total that day and although I didn't know the rogues, twelve other lives were lost that day. Just the thought of it all made my stomach churn.

"Hey," Spencer whispered softly as he sat down beside me. My eyes met his piercing dark brown ones. Even making eye contact with Spencer caused a flood of butterflies to release in my stomach. I lowered my gaze, a slight blush over taking my features.

Spencer gently grasped my hand that was busy picking at the grass still, his fingers intertwining with mine. Sparks travelled up my arm at the simple contact, the butterflies attacking my stomach once more.

Being around him brought me comfort and helped me relax, the guilt that gnawed at my stomach for all the lives lost eased a tad bit while with him. It's been so hard lately, unnamed faces flashing in and out of my thoughts whose lives were lost when I was doing something as simple as reading or washing the dishes. I don't know if they would ever leave my thoughts, if I'm going to be entirely honest. The idea sent sharp pangs to my heart.

"Paige, hey. It's okay. You're alright." Spencer cooed as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his side. My body erupted in sparks, warming up my heart. His thumb gently grazed my cheek, collecting a single tear that had slipped out without my knowledge.

More tears followed that single one before sobs began to take over my body. Snot started running and my heart burned with pain, the guilt that has been consuming my thoughts coming out as I cried into Spencer's warm, gentle grasp. He didn't say anything, just continued to hold me as I cried. I was silently grateful that he didn't say anything and allowed me to get the pain and guilt that has been flooding my senses out of my system.

He rubbed my back as I cried, his touch relaxing me and helping me slowly calm down. He stayed quiet, waiting for me to speak first.

"It just feels like this is all my fault," I finally muttered. My gaze travelled over the clearing where just two weeks ago many battled for Moon Goddess knows what.

"Paige, it is not your fault. Before I even met you, my pack was experiencing frequent rogue attacks. It was only a matter of time that a big fight would break out if I'm going to be completely honest with you. Ace just had motivation to band them together to attack our pack." His hands were gentle as he began to play with my hair. I relaxed under his touch, my heart swelling as everything he did was so gentle, so caring.

"That motivation wasn't because of you, Paige. He was angry with me because you chose me over him... and because I stripped him of all of his titles and he became a rogue. It was my fault, Paige. Don't blame yourself, okay?"

I let his words wash over me for a couple of moments. The breeze brushed over the tall grass in the meadow lightly, the blades and flowers bending at the winds will as I contemplated everything he said.

"Okay," I murmured in response.

"Good."

Another moment of silence came over us that I broke yet again with a question.

"Do you know how long he's going to be in the cove?" I peered up at Spencer. The hand he had playing with my hair stilled for a moment, staring hard at tall grass just as I was a moment ago.

"I'm not entirely sure when he's going to get out of the cove. Or if he will. All I know is that he is going to be there for awhile."

I nodded at his words and looked back towards the grass. The sun was bright and the slight breeze that washed over my skin and swayed the grass lightly helped keep me cool. Bees were buzzing around, going from one bright, beautiful flower to another and a few small, white butterflies flew a couple yards out in front of us. I took in the scene around us slowly.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I whispered to Spencer. I shifted my gaze from the scene around us to look at him for a response. But he wasn't even looking at the scenery around his, his eyes were focused on me, adoration shining brightly in them. The sunlight hit his dark, brown eyes, making them a warm, welcoming honey color. Flecks of darker brown were in his eyes, making them seem so much more beautiful.

"Yes, it is," he whispered with a small grin playing on his lips. He slowly began to lean in towards me, his eyes shutting closed as he drew nearer. I welcomed his warm lips on mine, eyes shutting close as sparks flew between us. The kiss started off slow and soft, like a dance only the two of us knew. The kiss began to pick up heat as the seconds ticked by, my arms winding themselves around his neck as he grabbed a fistful of my hair. I pressed my body closer to his and a small groan sounded in the back of his throat in response. His other arm wound itself tightly around my waist and tugged me onto him as he laid on the soft grass.

Spencer gently rolled to the right so I was now laying on the soft grass and his kisses trailed softly down my chin and neck to the spot where he would mark me. A gasp escaped me as he kissed the area, quickly followed by a whimper as he pulled away.

"W-what's wrong?"

"I just want to ask you before I do it... because I want to know that you want to be marked as well... I would hate to do something that would just make you—"

A smile made its way onto my face because of his rather cute rambling before I silenced him by bringing his soft lips to mine. I pulled away quickly to look deeply in his dark brown eyes to let him know I was being completely honest with him.

"Of course I'd want you to mark me."

A cheeky grin broke out across his face before he grasped my face gently in his hands and kissed me.
.
.
.
.
An- AHAHAHAHAHA YES HE MARKED HER AND I DIDNT WRITE ABOUT IT AHAHAHAHA OOP — SORRY :)))))