Chapter 7

"I DON'T FUCK WITH YOU!" I shouted along with the lyrics. Ace just rolled his eyes at me and continued driving.

"YOU LITTLE STUPID ASS BITCH, I DON'T FUCK WITH YOU!" I continued with a big grin plastered on my face.

"The moon goddess made me compatible with a dork," snorted Ace. I shot him a scowl before slapping him upside the head.

"Ow!!!" Whined Ace, clutching the back of his head with one hand. The other steering the car steadily.

"Both hands on the steering wheel!" I shouted, slapping my hands down on the dashboard.

"But we're werewolves, we'll be fine."

The car became quiet. I started playing with my fingers nervously, looking out the window as I suddenly found the greenery that we passed by very very interesting.

"We are both werewolves... right?" Asked Ace, peering over at me quizzically.

"Yeah so... about that..." I trailed off, looking at Ace cautiously.

"I'm not exactly a... werewolf. I never shifted." I whispered, looking out the window.

"YOU WHAT?! My mate is... a human?" He whispered to himself. I gulped and let my gaze go to him. Very bad choice on my part. I saw confusion, hurt, and anger portrayed on his features. It made my heart ache, knowing that I caused him those feelings.

"It's not my fault," I whispered quietly.

"I know. But how will the pack react? You know what. It doesn't matter. They will have a human as Luna and that's that." Stated Ace, puffing out his chest.

I stayed quiet, anger radiating off of me. Does he think I'm weak? I can't believe he possibly worried about his packs reaction! Was he thinking about rejecting me?!

In about half an hour, with me being silent, we made it to the pack house. I got out immediately, and made my way to the pack house. Members of the pack looked at me curiously, some guys gazes lingering, trailing down my body. I ignored all of them and flung the doors open, only to get tackled. A yelp escaped my lips as I went tumbling down.

"OH MY GOSH, YOUR THE NEW LUNA!" The beautiful brunette girl who tackled me shouted. This girl had bright hazel eyes with a small frame. Everything was small except her hair and eyes. Her hair was down to her waist in wild curls with her wide hazel eyes looking crazy with excitement.

"Haha, yeah. I guess." I said, trapped beneath her. She was so tiny, about five foot one but remained on top of me with a big fat grin lighting up her whole face.

"Oh Nancy, let her go," a deep voice rumbled. Curious, my gaze travelled to the deep voice to see a man that seemed to radiate power walking down the steps of the staircase towards us. Not as much power as Ace, but still quite a bit of power. Must be the Beta.

"Hi, I'm Brayden." He stuck his hand out. I took it and shook it once firmly. I am not a good hand shaker, I always worry if my hand is too sweaty, grip too tight, too loose, if I was gripping correctly, if it's awkward to shake hands at that moment, when to let go, if the shake is too long... The list can go on forever.

"The Beta, I presume?" I raised an eyebrow curiously, to which he nodded curtly in response.

"Yes."

"Well I'm Paige. Paige Hancher."

"Nice to meet you, Paige."

"YEAH, NICE TO MEET YOU!" Screamed Nancy excitedly.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Nancy O'neil." She replied.

"Well, you already heard my name."

"Yeah, well, bye!" Then she skipped off with the same big smile on her face.

"Strange girl.... I like her," I muttered, returning my gaze to the beta.

"Ya, she's my mate. But she doesn't know it yet because her birthday's tomorrow." He sighed. His wistful gaze back on me with a rather forced smile. His wolf is probably always constantly clawing to get to his surface, and probably takes a lot of effort to just simply smile.

"Wait until she finds out tomorrow. She will probably be thrilled," I murmured.

"I hope so." He muttered, then left as I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Hi." A shrill voice said that made me cringe.

"Hello...." I muttered, turning my gaze to a tall girl with thick black hair tumbling down her back. She barely had any clothing on and had lot's of poorly done makeup on. I bet if she wasn't wearing clothing similar to the size of a toddlers and looked as if she were trying to be a clown, she would be stunning.

"I think we should be friends. It would benefit you a lot." She flipped her hair over her shoulder then examined her long, baby pink, fake nails.

"How so?" I asked, even though I already knew that I would say no to her ridiculous offer.

"Well, you would be popular, gain a ton of friends, and get to be even prettier. Not as pretty as me of course... but still, pretty."

"I assume that their are rules?" I rose a brow.

"Yes, a few." She paused to snap her gum rather obnoxiously. "You can't become more popular than me, prettier, or be near Ace or any guy that I want."

Of course, one of these girls.

"Actually, I'd rather decline your invitation. Thank you very much for this... once in a life time opportunity, but I must decline."

"W-what?! But you could be popular! Be PRETTY!" She shrieked in outrage.

"Yeah, but I would be breaking one of your rules twenty four-seven. And that is rule is staying away from Ace. I can't do that, because he's kinda-"

"Ah, there's my beautiful mate." Came Ace's voice as he walked towards us.

The poor girl looked at me smugly as he continued walking to us with a smile. His gaze was on me but flickered to her, quickly filling with dread and horror.

Haha.

Ace came and wrapped his arms loosely around my waist, breathing in my scent. I let him, my gaze on the girl in front of us who was watching in shock which quickly turned to rage.

"But I'M your mate!" She screamed, stomping her foot like a little five year old that didn't get her ice cream. Honestly, she was wearing the clothes to fill that role too. If only she shrunk just a tad bit...

"Since when did I ever say that you were my mate?" He asked, disgust clear in his tone. I felt like laughing maniacally in the girls face at the moment as her face morphed into one representing shock.

"You- I- UGH!!!" She shrieked, then stomped off.

"Well then..." I muttered.
-
-
-
Authors Note-
I got a story to tell you.

STORY TIME CHILDREN! GET IN A LITTLE CIRCLE!

*you all go into a circle while I open an imaginary book*

So in my sixth period class, I sit next to this guy named Blake. I explained a story about my little sister, her slamming doors and stuff when she's eight and her screaming at my dad. You know what he said?!

And I quote, 'Seems like feistiness runs in the family.'

Of course I replied with, 'I'm not feisty!'

And he replied, 'Don't worry, being feisty is a good thing.'

And then ANOTHER guy jumped in the conversation named Ben, and was like, 'Ya, it's a good thing.'

Idek. :p

So I guess being feisty is a good thing, and guys consider it a good thing. But I still think I'm not feisty.