Chapter 9

I dodged him as he transformed into his huge black wolf and leapt at me. Ace's wolf growled fiercely at me, pacing back and forth all predator like. I know Ace wouldn't hurt me, but I didn't relax in the slightest bit. I have to keep my guard up at all times.

Especially because this could prove to many pack members that I'm not a weak little human.

It didn't seem like Ace was going to make the first move, so I launched myself at him. We both went tumbling into the ground and dust flew up all around us. The dust seemed to create a wall around us so nobody could see what was happening. I slammed him down and dust flew up around us at the harsh action. I bared my teeth at him, a fierce growl ripping through me. Something seemed to overtake me and suddenly everything was ten times clearer. Everything smelt ten times better or worse, and I could hear for miles.

Ace's wolf snapped his huge jaws at me with a wild look in its eyes. Another harsh growl ripped out of me at the action and he whined submissively in reply. He lowered his big, black head in submission. Satisfaction ran through me, knowing that I, a small little human girl took down this huge alpha wolf.

I leaped off of him and straightened myself out as my vision returned back to normal along with my other senses. Whatever took over me was gone just as fast as it had come over me.

I looked down at my hands and clenched them as satisfaction ran though me as I knew in that moment that I was not a weak little human. My moment was ruined as footsteps approached me. I looked up from my hands, my gaze connecting with those icy blue eyes that made me weak in the knees. Those eyes held an immense amount of pride in its depths that shined brightly.

"What was that?" He asked with a proud grin.

I shrugged in response to him, not knowing what he was talking about at all as I turned on my heel towards where I took off my shirt to put it back on.

"Your eyes... changed into this coppery bronze color and suddenly the air around you seemed to glow. Your teeth grew and sharpened and the tips of your hair turned black," he called after me, looking at me with a new look in his icy blue eyes that resembled fear.

I stopped walking, confused at everything he just said. I wanted to laugh at him and tell him that was a good joke but by the way he looked at me... the fear, the confusion and the slight desperation that shown in his beautiful blue depths... I knew it wasn't some sick joke.

"I need to call Peta." I suddenly whispered. Ace looked at me quizzically as I began to walk away briskly.

Once inside the pack house, I dialed my twins number who answered after the second ring. I repeated everything that Ace told me and he listened in silence. My heart pounded as he didn't say anything, everything I told him hanging in the air.

"You've done that before, you know," he muttered suddenly into the phone.

Shock overcame me and suddenly my body seemed to freeze up as if I were paralyzed. I blinked a couple of times, trying to gather my senses. Finally, I shouted into the phone, "What?! And you never even bothered to mention any of this to me?!"

"Everybody thought that you knew..." He trailed off as the world seemed to start shaking around me. What the hell?! I become a strange creature that I don't even know of?! Or is this natural for people who never shift? And why the heck would he think that I knew if I had bothered to call him to ask about it?! Do I have a mirror around me twenty four-seven to just look and see if anything about me were different or my brain telling me that my appearance changed?!

The ground seemed to stop shaking as I sucked in a ton of air, slowly calming down enough to hang up on Peta, his pleading falling on deaf ears. I ripped my eyes away from my phone to everything around me, my mouth falling open at the people around me who have fallen over with dazed expressions.

"What happened?" I whispered in shock, trailing my gaze over the people. They slowly began to gather themselves to their feet with dazed expressions, looking at the area around them feverishly.

"YOU happened! If you don't even know what you are and you can't even keep your emotions in check, then how are you going to be a good Luna?! I say that Ace rejects you and chooses me as the Luna!" The girl who I finally figured out's name was Witney snapped, adjusting her disheveled hair.

Practically crickets were heard after her little rant. She huffed with annoyance and with a flick of her hair over her shoulder, she strutted out of the pack house. Everybody slowly turned their gazes back to me, some shaking their heads to themselves at the dramatics. It seems like nobody else likes her... That's good to know.

Laughter suddenly interrupted the silence and I trailed my gaze over to Nancy who was clutching at her stomach, tears slowly trailing down her face as she laughed at the scene that just took place.

"She... Luna... HA!" She cackled then fell over sideways in hysterical laughter. Some people chuckled around her as she sucked in deep breaths, then sat up with a snap. She inhaled deeply... and then...

"MATE!" She barked before practically LEAPING over a couch sitting three people, landing lightly next to Brayden.

"Hmm... let's focus all the attention on them... yes?" I murmured before trying to slink away. Key word... Trying.

A hand reached out and grabbed a hold of my forearm and squeezed it, sending tingles shooting up my arm. So it's Ace that grabbed me. Thank god, or else I would have snapped any one else's arm off. Maybe I would have spared Peta if he were here. Maybe not.

"Oh, no you don't," he muttered gruffly.
-
-
-
Author's Note-

So I played Apples to Apples with my dad's girlfriend, daughter, sister, and dad. You know the cards you win? The green ones? And you know how the cards you get identify your personality? Well, this is what I got.

Sexy
Attractive
Peaceful
Unusual
Cute

And yes, I had won. We went to five because they had to leave, but I still won. My personality though 😂 Everybody burst out laughing as I read my personality. So I guess they didn't expect me to win those cards... Eh.