Chapter 26

I had just slipped my T-Shirt on when a pack member came barging through the door.

My head snapped towards the tall, skinny figure as he began shouting.

"Attack! The rogues are attacking!"

My eyes widened and I immediately shoved past him and started sprinting down the stairs, heading towards the garage. Pack members looked at me quizzically as I sprinted past, gasping, "Attack. An attack is happening."

Some grasped what I said and started ushering the pups and elders out the door, to the location of our hidden, underground building that was built in case of a huge attack like this.

I tripped on the stairs and started flying down them, my limbs flinging around like crazy as I tried to just grasp something to stop my wild descent down the flight of stairs. To no luck, my hands couldn't grasp a thing and I continued to go flying until landing in a heap of limbs at the base of the stairs.

Groaning from the new, throbbing pain throughout my body, I stood. Now more careful, I began to do a fast job towards he garage. Once at the door, I grasped the bronze handle and flung the door open. In the huge garage, many muscle cars awaited me, along with motorcycles and even a couple of jet ski's in a clump in the far right corner. All keys were already in each ignition in every vehicle, just waiting to get turned on and roared to life.

A sleek, beautiful, black Moto Harley-Davidson Sportser just seemed to call out to me, located in the middle of the tons of vehicles.

I grinned, turning the key in the ignition. The bike eagerly grumbled alive, and I squeezed the clutch lever in, then slowly eased it out. Then I rolled the throttle towards the back of the motorcycle to take off.

Our pack always left the garage doors open unless it was predicted to rain. That way everybody could use the vehicles, as long as they bring it up with the alpha and they are the correct age to drive.

My hair flew behind me, as I kept going faster and faster. The sounds of the brawl were slowly getting closer and closer.

"Dammit Spencer. You have to have such huge fucking territory." I grumbled beneath my breath, anxiety scraping at my insides. I hate the fact that I can't be there for my pack when they need me. Right now they need all the fighters they can get and this bike is the fastest way of getting there, traveling at a dangerous speed of 172 mph.

The roads are smooth though, and thank the moon goddess that the roads are able to take me right next to the battle.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted as a something huge came crashing into my side. I screamed as I flew through the air with the creature snapping it's huge jaws at me. I hit a hard patch of earth, landing straight on my back. Searing pains flew up and down my body as I continued rolling from momentum, coming to a stop by colliding chest first with a tree trunk.

Coughing took over my body. I started coughing violently, blood flying out of my mouth and landing next to me on the green, patchy earth in crimson droplets.

Shuddering breaths took over me as I tried to regain composure. It was a fucking rogue who had crashed into me, I know that for sure. But where the hell did it go?

My eyes flicked from the right to me, and then the left. I finally decided to close them, to focus on my breathing and the inhumane sounds I was making.

"I can't get up." I roughly whispered, tears stinging my eyes.

You have to get up.

"I- I can't." I gasped. "Get up."

I closed my eyes, and gritted my teeth as a scream worked it's way out of my throat as I tried to get up.

"I can't get up!" I screamed, sobs wracking through my body.

The pack. They need you.

"The pack needs me... and I can't even get myself up. I'm weak, pathetic. I'm fucking disgusting." I whispered hoarsely.

The sound of a twig snapping made me immediately compose and go deathly silent. The only sound I was making was the sound of my heart pumping a million miles an hour.

The sound of twigs snapping was getting louder, and getting closer. I writhed then, trying to get up and run. Even just take a couple steps, or stand. Not seem weak and lay, waiting for the arrival of my death.

I closed my eyes, and fireworks seemed to light behind my lids. I clenched my teeth, and with all my possible strength I threw my body up so I was sitting up.

A fire like pain raced up my spine, and seemed to explode in my head. Ignoring the pain, I placed my hands on each side of me to steady myself, then used them to gather to my feet.

I swayed, rocking side to side as the world spun around me. My breath came out in pants, equivalent to a dog panting as sweat ran down my forehead. The world seemed to be getting faster and faster, but I remained standing. Barely, but still standing.

The spinning was too much and I fell to the left, slumping into the rough bark of the tree next to me.

"Come on. The pack..." I mumbled, trying to regain my senses. At this, I used my hands to push my body off the scratchy, rock hard bark of the tree to stand. I ignored my swaying, I ignored the screeching pain rushing through my body and started stumbling in the direction of my bike.

The motorcycle seemed a little scratched, but nothing a new paint job or maybe even just a thorough wax job couldn't fix.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. Opening them, I blended down to the bike by my knees and grasped the handles. Swallowing the pain, I tried to place the fire that seemed to be eating away at my body to the back of my mind. With one huge heave, I had the bike standing upright. I kicked the peg stand down, then slung one leg over the bike and perched on the seat proudly.

Then I kicked the peg stand back in place, and hurriedly squeezed the clutch, released it, and rolled the throttle rather violently. At this, I shot forward towards the road and back towards the direction of the huge brawl.