Chapter 28

An- I'll post an explanation as to why I haven't wrote or updated in forever... I'm so sorry. I hope this chapter or two I write in the next couple days can make up for my absence
.
.
.

My paws thudded on the ground consistently, and the sound of thunder like growls and high pitched yips became louder every time my feet hit the hot pavement.

Hurry up Paige !

Midnight, I'm trying, I really am. My spine just hurts from when that stupid ass rogue bit me.

Yes, I know, but the pack needs you ! So hurry your bummy ass up !

Okay, that's a little rude, don't you think?

Not really. Now hurry!

I pushed her annoying self to the back of my mind and gritted my teeth, pushing myself. I extended my legs further, ignoring the constant throb in my spine as my paws hit the pavement.

The wind rushed through my fur, cooling me down as I continued to run towards the fight, turning right into the dark, luscious green forest.

You're almost there! Midnight suddenly spoke, howling in excitement. I flinched in surprise.

Yes we are, now shut the hell up so I can focus on what I need to do.

You need to—

I know what I need to do ! Now can you please be quiet and let me focus ?!

Fine. But don't say I didn't try and help you.

What do you mean by that?

I came to a skidding stop at a ledge, only to look down at a small, almost enclosed meadow. Large wolves were wrestling each other, or chasing each other around, snapping at one another's heels. I assessed the situation as a whole, looking for who needed help.

Suddenly, my eyes were captivated by the sight of a large, chocolate brown wolf with splatters of white that was drenched in blood. I whined, only to have his attention on me. Making eye contact with the wolf I immediately knew that it was Spencer. My wolf yipped in excitement as Spencer turned his attention back towards the rogue he was circling. The rogue lunged at him in which Spencer rolled to his left and sprung back on his paws, returning to circling the rogue.

I tore my gaze away from Spencer as much as it pained for me to do so and I continued to scan the meadow only to be interrupted by a deep, thunderous growl. The sound made the hair on my haunches stand up and I glanced behind me only to have shock take over my body. Stalking towards me was a large, black wolf with familiar, icy, cold blue eyes.

It was Ace.

Ace lunged for me, to which I side-stepped right and his jaws shut on nothing but air. His angry gaze went to me, his tail whipping back and forth for a little while as we circled one another.

It seemed as if he was waiting for me to make the first move so I did. I darted right, nipping at his side before stepping aside once again. He attempted to return the favor but to no avail.

Once he attempted to return the favor, his left side were left completely exposed. I quickly went in and clamped down on his paw, in which he howled in pain and fury.

A hiss escaped him as he ripped his paw away, and before I could leap away he bit down on my right ear and tugged.

A hot, blinding pain followed the spray of blood that came when Ace tore the top of my wolves ear off.

I howled in pain, shaking my head from left to right and sprinkled my blood all over the dark green forest floor.

Ace's wolf seemed to smirk at me in which I decided in that moment to shift back to my human form.

This took Ace by surprise. He stopped for a moment in shock and watched as I made a straight run towards him. His eyes widened before narrowing, him going low in a crouch before lunging forward.

That was all I needed for him to do.

I slipped underneath his belly and it felt like time slowed down as I did so. I lifted my feet and kicked Ace's belly with all my might. He went flying behind me.

I couldn't stop sliding with the momentum I had though and just rolled down the hill, right into the meadow where the actual battle was happening.

Focus, Paige. It would be wise to use your gift right now.

Oh really? Didn't notice.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes, drowning out all the growls, yips and whines surrounding me.

I exhaled and opened my eyes, looking down at my palms. They glowed a beautiful electric blue which made me gasp in shock.

I closed my eyes once again and took in a deep breathe, exhaling as I brought my hands together then parted them.

Opening my eyes, I was greeted with the incredible sight of water shooting out of my palms. I grinned cheekily before taking in another deep breathe. I exhaled and gritted my teeth in concentration. The water shooting out began to become colder before freezing, turning into ice.

I directed my palms at a skinny, brown rouge that was sneaking up behind Spencer. The ice shot at the rogue and pierced him, going straight through his body. Many stopped wrestling and gaped as the rogue flew through the air, across the meadow with two large icicles projected through its body. Finally the rogue landed with a loud thud against the trunk of a huge oak tree.

Everybody at this point had stopped fighting to gap at me, stunned by what I just did. Some even shifted back into their human forms they were so shocked.

"What in the Moon Goddess was that?" A rogue who shifted back asked in fear. Her green eyes were wide with shock as she stared at me, all the while shaking.

"I- I don't know." I whispered back weakly in response.

"Bullshit!" Another rogue growled in exclamation.

But I couldn't reply to him as all the air escaped me as an arm snaked around my waist, pulling me into a firm, warm body with a silver knife meeting my throat.

"Why hello... dear old mate." A once familiar voice spoke that made the hairs on my arms raise.

"Ace." I spat back.