Chapter 14

An- I love this Song- Pacify Her by Melanie Martinez
.
.
.
"A-ace?" I questioned timidly. I wanted to smack myself in the forehead at my stupidity. Obviously, this wasn't Ace. The body of Ace now had an uncomfortable, powerful and controlling aroma to it that made me want to submit without a blink. His wolf held his body more proudly, puffing out his chest. My wolf was intrigued, while I was slightly revolted. Another cocky male wolf.

A sexy cocky male wolf.

Oh, shut up.

"Not Ace, little mate." He winked at me with a smirk that had me recoil immediately. His wolf seemed to flinch as if I had physically hurt him before contorting his face into a mask of solid stone. You couldn't detect an inch of emotion. I would probably believe anything he said right now, that's how serious he looked.

"Then who are you?" I asked, a slight challenge in my tone. He may be all big and bad and scary, but I'm still Paige. I always stand for what I believe in and I don't submit to anyone without offering up a fight.

His eyes narrowed at me, detecting the challenge in my tone. When he spoke, his voice was now cold and biting.

"I'm Adahy little mate." His lips were curled into a sneer, eyes flashing at me for the tone I used when I spoke to him earlier.

"That's Cherokee for Lives in the Woods, am I correct?" I asked, my gaze boring into Adahy's.

"Correct, little mate." His tone had a hint of approval at my knowledge. I wanted to roll my eyes but that probably would have set him off on a Alpha temper tantrum with the small act of disrespect.

"So, you rejected me." His tone was now back to cold and biting, as if his words were the snow that fell in New York during the winter.

I started clapping real slow for effect for my next input of words.

"Correct."

His lip curled with distaste as his eyes got darker, almost like an obsidian color. My sarcasm and defiance didn't settle well with him, at all. Well, he is an Alpha.

"Don't you dare ever use that tone with me.... ever again, little mate." His words were now a sneer, his canines glinting harshly in the bright hospital light.

"As long as you don't be a complete douche of a mate... I may try to be a little bit more respectful towards you. But respect has to be earned, Alpha." Anger coursed through me for a split second before I calmed down, only to have my neck practically crushed in his dark hand.

I kicked at Adahy as he brought me up and slammed me against the hospital wall harshly. Fear spiked through my veins, causing my heart to thunder in my chest. Adrenaline was practically blinding my senses, along with lack of blood flow to the brain and lack of air to my lungs. Adahy just smiled evilly at me as my foot made contact with his rock hard abs.

Black spots were now clouding my vision as he dropped me to the hospital floor. I slid down the wall, landing with a loud thump. Adahy stood above me, peering down at me with a cold, malicious gaze before crouching down to my height as I gasped for air. I began blinking feverishly, trying to rid of the dots that obstructed my vision. I rubbed my throat that was surely to have a harsh bruise in the future as my eyes bore into his shining golden ones. He was looking at me with satisfaction, anger, regret, and sympathy.

What I did next shocked the hell out of me. Probably I more than him. One second I was glaring at him, and the next... my hand was flying towards his face.

A loud smack rang out as my hand made contact with his right cheek. The skin took a hint of red after only a few seconds. Those two seconds were all he needed to look down at me now with a crazed look in his eyes.

I swallowed back the fear that was rising in my throat and followed his lead, standing up slowly. We never tore our eyes from one another as we stood. He glared at me with so much anger that I was surprised I didn't just drop dead. Distracted with that thought he took two steps towards me before grabbing a fistful of my hair and tugging me harshly towards him.

A hiss of pain escaped me before my breath caught in my throat. The look in his eyes as he gazed into mine caused fear to creep up my spine slowly. His crazed eyes just stared blankly for what seemed like seconds, minutes, hours, days.

Adahy suddenly jerked my neck to the left and my eyes widened with shock as I felt his lips at my neck. Adahy kissed where he was to mark me if we were still mates with a shocking tenderness.

But what he did next really did shock the hell out of me.

I felt his canines nip around the area where the mark would be, causing my heart to pound as fear froze me in place.

I tried to calm down to think rationally about what to do to get out of this but my thoughts all went to hell as his canines sunk into my neck.