Chapter 8

A.N.- Very Important Author's Note at the end. Now you can resume reading. Or just switch off your electronics device because it's so much effort to read.

Your choice.

~
I continued my crunches as the door opened. Right now, my stomach hurt like a little b****

I am almost to five hundred crunches, and it hurts. Why can't I stay fit without working out? Why can't I be fit while just laying on the couch eating donuts? Oh right, because the world is cruel and made it so we had to move to stay fit. Dammit.

"How long have you been in here?"

I turned my gaze to see Ace standing at the doorway. His arms were crossed across his broad chest and his hair disheveled.

"You couldn't do that. You would miss me too much."

"Why are you lying to yourself?"

"Why are you always so closed off and bratty? I don't honestly know, but I just wanted to see my twin sister to check if she's okay, and she isn't letting me know what is bothering her. Anybody can obviously see that something is wrong with you. So tell me what's wrong!"

"I'm weak!" I shouted in his face tears pricking the corners of my eyes, forgetting about my crunches. I got up in his face, nearly nose to nose with him.

"Weak? You're not-"

"I'm human Ace. I'm a stupid human so I'm weak. Everybody here is going to think that I'm weak. I'm used to... people... assuming... that I'm weak back home and I prove them wrong. But now I'm gonna have to beat my way to the top. And this pack... this pack is tougher than my dad's. Isn't this pack the most powerful one?"

Ace's icy blue eyes bored into my own as he spoke, "You are not weak, Paige. Dammit, you're a human and Everr told me that you were the best warrior back at your old pack. So what if this pack is the most or least powerful? You can still beat the crap out of everyone, I'd for sure place my money on you if we were making bets."

I laughed, rubbing at my water filled eyes. Since when was I so hormonal? Oh wait... that must mean it's the time of the month. Great.

"You're on your period aren't you?" Ace asked, laughter dancing in his eyes.

"N-no... BYE!" I shouted, then ran off.

I have been hiding from everybody in a small cupboard. Right now, I'm snacking on Cookies & Cream Poptarts. I have been hiding in here for a couple of hours, no one trying to find me or have found me.

"She's in here." A voice muttered, and I shimmied deeper in the ocean of food.

Footsteps came near the cupboard. With every step, my heart beat increased. My heart was practically in my throat as the cupboard door slowly opened. My eyes went wide as Ace poked his head in the cupboard.

"What are you doing in here?" Ace asked as I slowly took a bite of my delicious Pop Tart.

"Eating..." I trailed off, taking another bite.

"Why are you in the cupboard?"

"Because... well, is there a law to stop me?! No, their is not! So the question is, why aren't YOU in the cupboard?!"

Ace rose his hands in surrender, backing away slowly with wide eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him and he took a mad dash away. Satisfied, I chomped on the rest of my poptart.

"Taking my time on my riiiiiiiiideee." I sang along with the blasting music, then punched the punching bag again. It groaned in protest as it swung on it's rusty chains. The beat up bag came to a shuddering stop right as I jabbed with my left.

I heard grunts and cries along with rustling. My curiosity peeked as I continued punching the old bag. Finally I let my curiosity take control and walked towards the sound. As I jogged down the steps from the back patio, I saw hundreds of pack members wrestling in either human or animal form. My eyes lit up as I took in the whole place. They were training.

Yeah, I am so joining in.

My eyes caught Ace's sparring form taking on a huge guy, about seven and a half, if you will. I made my way towards them, avoiding loose punches, kicks, claws, and bites along the way.

"Ah, look who decided to show up." Ace said. Both him and his sparring partner had paused to get some water in their systems.

"Yep, I did."

"Ready for me to absolutely destroy you?" Ace asked with a cocky smirk.

"Please. You must not be talking to the right person. You're talking to Paige here. I'll kick your butt any day." I responded, crossing my arms across my chest defensively.

"Let's go then," Ace simply replied with a light shrug of his shoulders.

"Fine by me."

I whipped off my shirt and quickly wrapped my hands, considering I'm human and all. I don't exactly want to break anything.

"You ready?" Ace asked as I stretched out my limbs. Now I noticed that a small crowd had formed around us.

"Any day," I replied cockily.

"Let's go then."
-
-
-
Author's Note-
IF ONE OF THOSE MOTHER FUCKING CLOWNS COME NEAR ME, I'MA STEAL A SHOTGUN AND BLOW IT'S FUCKING BRAINS OUT. I SWEAR TO GOD I AM NOT DEALING WITH ONE OF THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS. I WILL MAKE THEIR WIG FLY OFF THEIR HEADS BY THE FORCE OF MY BULLET. DON'T COME NEAR ME, STAY AWAY. AND I WILL NOT BE STUPID ENOUGH TO TRY AND GET FOOTAGE OF A CLOWN JUST TO BE FUCKING FAMOUS FOR SEEING A LITTLE FUCKER. I'MA BE RUNNING BITCH. ALL YOU SEE IS A BLUR. AND THAT BLUR IS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

This is a little late but something happened where a bunch of clowns mugged people basically DOWN THE STREET FROM ME, and I was like...
...
...
...

So, Ya. Just got to keep a knife on me at all times or a shot gun. But now I just gotta go get one of 'em. Brb.