Chapter 16

"Wow, she is so beautiful." A voice sighed. Midnight growled at the sound of that things voice.

I flicked my gaze to him and growled, the sound bouncing off the plain white walls. Right now, I didn't like my 'mate', and neither did my wolf.

His eyes widened at the sound of my growl before narrowing into a glare.

"Don't growl at me." He spoke, voice cool which just pissed my wolf and I off even more, if possible.

I snapped at him, getting to my feet in my small puddle of blood. Everybody scooted back, and the squeak of a door opening sounded in my ears.

I flicked my head to the door to see twelve people walk through the door in long rich purple robes. The thick purple robes almost trailed on the white tile, men wearing a crown upon their head and the woman many pieces of jewelery on their neck, wrists, and hands. They looked like Noble people from the Roman times.

I felt a drawing to the whole group as they made their way to me. My wolf seemed happy to see them, sitting quietly and obediently.

The leader of the group, the youngest man, reached out and brushed his fingers through my thick fur. I felt a thunderous purr radiate through my chest and I nuzzled his hand, licking it with a swipe of my little pink tongue.

"This is the one. The Wolf."

'The wolf?' I asked my wolf through the link, confusion spreading through me. It must have been evident as the young man chuckled, making my wolf purr in content.

'Why the heck did you just purr?' I asked, now extremely confused.

'Mate. MATE MATE MATE!!!' She replied, jumping up and down happily. I froze, staring at the mystery man.

"Mate." He whispered, his eyes full of adoration as he gazed at me. My wolf danced around in happiness, howling at the moon in delight. I laughed at her but simmered down once I head that things voice.

"WHAT?! BUT SHE'S MINE!!!" Thundered the thing, his fists clenched at his sides as he stalked up to the mystery man in front of me that was my supposed mate.

I shifted back to human, my clothes still on me.

"Woahhh. That's kinda neat." I grinned, looking down at the clothing on my body. Usually werewolves were naked when shifting back, but somehow I still had my clothing on me.

I looked back up to see that the elders had awe in their eyes, the 12 elders that occupied the small room, eyes of all different colors while that thing had shock in his icy blue ones.

"How? W-what? A-are you...? Is my mate-" The thing stuttered, before getting cut off as the mystery man growled. He pulled me behind his body, shielding me with his frame.

"SHE IS NOT YOURS! SHE IS HER OWN BEING THAT WILL BE MINE, BUT WILL STILL BE INDEPENDENT!!" He growled, and my wolf had happiness radiating off of her. She wanted to be herself just as much as I, and wouldn't even let someone like her mate take that from her.

"So... I have two mates...?" I asked in bewilderment, leaning against the wall behind me.

"No, you rejected him, right? Wait, then why is his-"

"He marked me. Forcefully." I butt in, glancing at the thing in disgust.

Thing glared at me, then glanced at mystery man in fear as he was visibly shaking with rage. A burning sensation occured on my neck, causing me to drop to my knees, small gasps escaping my parted lips.

Sweat dripped down my forehead after a minute of just me shaking with jolts of pain shooting through my neck.

"What- is- happening?!" I gasped out, my eyes burning slightly as droplets of sweat dripped into my eyes.

"Her wolf is taking off the mark by force!" An elder shouted, excitment in his eyes. He quickly gathered himself, crossing his arms across his chest and gazing away, cheeks flushed red with embarrassment at his outburst.

"This rarely happens, only if they meet their second chance mate while having a mate, and prefering the second chance." An elder woman spoke, her wide grey eyes full of wonder.

I felt self concious, like I was an experiment they had to be cautious of. I felt dangerous and strange. I felt different. And I did not like it.

"BUT SHE'S MINE!!!" The thing growled out. Through my burning eyes, I could see the mystery stranger gripping Ace's shirt as he pressed him against the wall, eyes pitch black. His fist was raised back, like he was going to strike.

"Ya- don't help- the person- suffering. Great, thanks." I gasped, the pain subsiding to a dull throb, mainly on the mark. I slumped on the cold tile floor, then arranged myself into a small tight ball as the sound of a pair of feet rushed towards me. Cold fingers turned my neck to the side to imspect my mark- or my mark that was once there.

"It's gone." He murmured happily. It was then I felt the tingles, my stomach fluttering with butterflies. And his enriching scent, like the scent of freshly cut cedar wood and a gust of cold wind on the mountain side. It made me feel lightheaded and my heart pound, as if the important muscle was trying to break through my ribcage.

"Mate." I whispered, looking at the mystery man with wide eyes. It was true.

Mystery man is my mate.