T W E N T Y - O N E

Ethan's POV

This was because of me. She's hurt and it's all because of me. The most important job of being a boyfriend was to protect her and I could even do that.

Because of me she's crying, she's suffering.

But hell, I made sure to always love her.

I want to go back inside and tell her it's going to be okay, that I'll help her get through it...but she's not mine anymore.

No matter how much I want her to be.

Malia's POV

When I come out, I make sure to wipe the tears off my face. I stand straighter, making sure I'm not slouching.

I walk outside and the first person to see me is Ethan. I only walk past him as I put the knife on the table.

"What happened? Why'd it take so long?" Grayson asks as he pick up the knife.

"I forgot where they were at." I simply say as I take a seat next to Avery who had a small bowl of nachos in her hand.

"Are you going to eat LaMont?" Cameron asks me as he holds a plate in his hands and I shake my head. "I lost my appetite." I say while glancing over at Ethan.

"Let's get inside the pool, I'm burning over here" Isabel grabs my arm and I follow her.

When we get in, she pulls me to the far corner and she starts asking me questions. "What's up with you? You're acting weird."

"Nothing is wrong with me Isabel, I'm perfectly fine"

It's the last thing I say before getting out of the pool as I walk towards my seat.

-----

"Stop lying jackass! You cheated!" Sam points at Jack and I start laughing.

"How do you cheat while playing beer pong?" he asks while holding the ball before throwing it in again.

"You put your-"

Sam is cut off when Isabel changes the music, and she yells my name.

"Malia! Remember this song?" She pulls my arm and I shake my head. "No, Isabel wait!"

But it's too late because she already has me dancing with her.

Se prendio la fiesta

Esta noche voy a beber

Traigan la maizena

Porque voy a dar

I'm about to walk back to my seat, but Isabel blocks my way and I groan. "Dance cabrona, I'm not going to let you sit down" she starts laughing and I roll my eyes.

Isabel and I used to play this song 24/7 during our Freshman and Sophomore year. The only reason we stopped listening to this song was because everyone was annoyed by it.

Yo soy su campintero

Ahi mama ahi mama

Yo soy su campintero

Ahi mama ahi mama

Yo soy su campintero

"Fuck it!" I say as I dance with her.

Everyone starts laughing at us and soon enough, the girls join us. The guys only stare at us weirdly.

"What the hell is this shit?" Cameron asks.