F I F T Y - S E V E N

Listen to House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls - by The Weeknd for this chapter.

The amount of girls that have gone up to Ethan tonight isn't shocking to me. Before we started dating, both him and Grayson always attracted the girls in an instant. The only difference now is that Ethan isn't flirting back with them. Grayson on the other hand, he's bound to fuck someone in a matter of few hours.

"How are you not drunk and you're on your third one Malia?" Aaron asks as I open the drink.

"I think you guys forgot how much I drank these last few couple of months. This is nothing compared to what I used to drink. I knew my limits then, but I always fucked around. Plus, this is a Smirnoff, you have to be a really big lightweight in order to get drunk off of this." I laugh before taking a drink.

The music gets louder and Isabel turns to me. "Let's go dance?" She asks me with a big smile and I nod. "Only if you guys also come and dance with us." I turn to Cameron, Jack and Aaron and they nod.

We all walk towards the middle where everyone is dancing to the beat of the loud music. I hold the drink tightly around my hand as I dance in the group that the guys formed around Isabel and I.

Even with the cold weather and multiple bonfires surrounding us, we all began to sweat due to all of our bodies pushed together.

I ruffle my hair as I dance, trying to take in everything good in this moment.

I was surrounded with friends, not giving a fuck, feeling happy for once. I may not be dating Ethan, but I felt...free. No one was there to make me feel like they were holding me back. I wanted more moments like this. I'd do anything to feel like this everyday.

Ethan's POV

The look on her face says it all. She's so carefree in this very moment. She's happy, yet so vulnerable in this state.

Everything feels like it's in slow motion, except for her. Nothing can stop her in this very moment and I want it to stay like that for her. Even if it meant not having me in the picture.

"Ethan, why aren't you paying attention to m-" the girl who's been flirting with me non-stop tonight looks over at what's had my attention all night.

Malia.

"You're still in love with her aren't you?" I don't respond. Not because I don't want her to know, but because she already knows, everyone knows. My silence is the answer.

"I don't know what's to special about her Ethan, you were never like this with any other girl." She looks back at Malia and turns back to me, wrapping her arms around around my shoulders.

"I'll make you forget her. With me, you'll realize that she's not worth it." She tries going in for a kiss but I push her off of me.

I glare at her, clenching my jaw in order to avoid shouting at her and saying something stupid.

"What the fuck Ethan?"

"Stay the fuck away from me. I won't warn you next time." She flips me off and walks away with her other friends, talking shit about me.

I look up and I see that I've caught the attention of some people and I turn around only to see Malia standing there watching everything that just went down.

We stare at each other for a good minute. Her eyes hold some sort of emotion and I don't know what it is. I can't read her. Usually it's easy to tell, but now? I don't know.

Isabel whispers something in her ear and Malia nods, letting Isabel pull her away somewhere else.

The guys looks at me, nodding. Cameron mumbles something to me.