T W E N T Y - T W O

Ethan's POV

"Is that all?" I ask Grayson as he puts the last container of food away.

"No, Aaron is getting the last one" I nod and head to the living room where everyone else was at.

The first person I see is Malia and she's lying down on the floor with Avery and Cameron while everyone else is sitting on the couch.

I lean against the wall as I play with my phone.

"So what's gonna happen? Is anyone staying over?" I ask looking at Malia especially.

"We're staying over" Aaron comes in and the guys nod.

Malia's friends look at her and she looks up at me.

"I-I said that I was sleeping over A-Ave-"

"You can sleep here" I cut her off and her cheeks turn pink as she turns to look at her friends.

"Just don't tell your mom you're here" It's the last thing I say to her before walking up the stairs leaving everyone in the living room.

Malia's POV

"Just don't tell your mom you're here" he walks up the stairs leaving everyone gawking.

I look down at the floor, playing with my fingers.

What was I supposed to say to that?

I really didn't expect him to tell me that.

"I'm sorry about that Malia, I didn't think he would-" Grayson starts apologizing and I shake my head.

He was apologizing for something he didn't even do. This whole time all he's done is try to make everyone get along. He's the only one with his head screwed on.

One of the least I expected

"It's fine Gray"

I deserved it for being a bitch with Ethan anyways.

After a moment of silence, the guys get up and go up stairs while Grayson stays behind.

"I'll get you guys blankets and pillows" he says walking upstairs.

-----

I can't sleep. I've been tossing and turning and I still can't go to sleep.

It just feels weird to be here.

I would have been wrapped in Ethan's arms, wearing his oversized shirt. Instead, I'm on the floor of his living room.

I sigh, sitting up and looking through my phone.

2:30 AM

"You're kidding me?" I groan, turning off my phone.

I lean my head against the wall and I close my eyes. I could feel my eyes getting heavy, but that's when someone calls my name.

"Malia, are you awake?" Someone whispers and my eyes open.

I turn on my flashlight and I direct the light to the stairs, finding a shirtless Ethan.

"What are you doing? I thought you were asleep?"

"Just get up and follow me" he tells me and I hesitatingly get up, tiptoeing around the girls who were asleep.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he grabs his hoodie from the couch and throws it on.

He grabs the keys and unlocks the door.

"We're going out, that's what we're doing" he grabs my hand and leads me out through the front door.

I don't say anything, I just follow behind him.