F O R T Y - E I G H T

It seems like almost everything has gone back to normal.

Almost everything.

I'm back at school, I've managed to get my grades back on track, I've also gained back majority of my memory.

For past couple of days, Avery has been acting out.

Everytime she sees Ethan and I hanging out, she always has to say some rude remark about him which is weird considering the fact that she came to him begging for him to help get me back.

"People still stare Ethan, it's weird." I close my locker and he rolls his eyes. "Who gives a fuck?" he starts walking me to my class.

I still haven't gotten used to the whole school staring at Ethan and I, I mean I can understand why. With the whole fall out that I had with him because of Mackenzie, everyone would think that we'd want nothing to do with eachother, espcially with Ethan's old reputation.

I just wish they weren't so obvious with their whispering and stares.

"So, Mackenzie is officially gone?" I look up at him.

"Turns out she's not leaving New Jersey, like we hoped. But she's being homeschooled now." he explains as we walk down the hall.

"I wonder what made her chose to be homeschooled."

"She's embarrassed Malia. She tried saying I was the father because she doesn't know who the father of that child is."

"Mackenzie to be embarrassed? I think it was something else."

"Whatever it is, she's finally away from us. I have you back." he kisses my cheek before walking off.

"I'll be waiting in the parking lot for you to take you home after school." he calls out before finally leaving.

When I walk into class, Avery stares at me.

"You too? You're gonna stare at me like the whole school?" I face her.

"Malia, you're dating Ethan-"

"And? What's wrong with him?" I cross my arms.

"He's just-I don't trust him."

"That's not what you were thinking when you told him you needed him to help me the day of the party and shit." I furrow my brows.

What the fuck was up with her? I don't get why she suddenly has a problem with Ethan.

"Exactly, I told him I needed his help. I never said for you two to hook up again. You came back here to get back at him with the bet we made remember?"

"The bet has been over Avery."

"Are you even going to tell him about it?"

Obviously I was, but just not right now.

"Eventually, but not at the moment."

She stays quiet, studying my face before turning away. "You're fucking selfish Malia."

My jaw drops as I glare at her.

"I'm selfish? I'm the selfish one Avery? I just got my life back! Excuse me for wanting to be happy!" I make sure only she can hear me.

"He deserves to know!"

"And he will! But not right now. I'm finally at a good place with him and I don't want to mess it up. I know what I did was wrong, I did a lot of messed up things, but I'm trying to work shit out."

"You're still selfish."

"Should I remind you how fucking selfish you were when you hooked up with Kendall behind my back?"