E I G H T Y - T W O

Majority of my room is filled with boxes containing all of my belongings. Everything is packed and ready to go for when I leave.

The last people to know that I would be leaving New Jersey was Grayson and the rest of the group. My grandparents weren't exactly happy with my decision, but they understood why which was all that I needed from them, support.

School is officially 2 weeks away from ending, but in my case with online schooling, I was technically finished. The only thing I needed in order to leave was for Mackenzie to be caught.

After this, I'd be able to live my life in peace and with new people. No more Ethan, my toxic ass mom, step dad and sister. No more worrying about someone having to kill me.

I plop down on my bed, letting out a heavy breath and my eyes dart towards the box in the corner of my room with a beige fabric falling out of the side.

I sink to my knees and pull it out of the box. My jaw immediately drops when I realize what it is.

"Mama!" I walk down the stairs where my grandma and grandpa are in the kitchen.

"Y esto?" *And this?* I hold up the beige see through gown that was covered with crystals and special detailed embroidery.

"Es el vestido para tú baile de la escuela." *Its the dress for your Prom.*

"Pero dije qué no iba ir." *But I said I wasn't going.* I lay the dress down flat on the couch and my grandma washes her hands before coming over to me.

"Oh, tu tía lo sabía. Pero ella dijo que cambiarías de opinión cuando te lo probaras."
*Oh, your aunt knew. But she said you'd change your mind once you tried it on.*

I sigh and my grandma laughs going back to the kitchen.

"Just go to Prom mija. It only happens once in your life." My grandpa sits down in the recliner with his cup of coffee and I press my lips together while I look down at the dress.

"I don't exactly have friends anymore dad. It'll be weird as fuck if-"

The doorbell rings and I furrow my brows together. None of us were expecting anyone today and right now, my defensive ass was ready to fight.

I grab the bat from the side of the couch and my grandma scolds me, telling me to put the bat down but I'd be damned if I took any chances.

When I open the door, I get ready to swing only to find the most unexpected person standing on my doorstep.

"Natasha?"

—————

"I'm just gonna straight up say it."

"Please don't."

"This is fucking weird." I raise a brow and she rolls her eyes.

"You haven't changed at all have you?" She asks as I look through the menu.

"I'd like to think I did. I mean, I haven't insulted you have I?" I look up from the menu and she hesitated but then shrugs and nods.

"So, I've heard what's been going on around here with you guys."

I nod while drinking from my cup and then look down at the menu. "How'd you find out?"

"It's been going around Malia, a psycho bitch murdering her exes girlfriend kinda goes around."

"Just like she did?"

She snorts, trying to hold in her laugh and she loses it in an instant.

"Jesus Malia, you're being hunted down by her and still making jokes." She wipes the tear off her face from laughing and I smile.

"I have to lighten the mood okay? It's been...rough out here these past few days." Her brows furrow slightly as she looks at me with pity, realizing what I'm referring too.

"Ex-girlfriend." I suddenly say. She looks confused and I correct her again.

"Ethan and I aren't together anymore. We haven't been for a while. The girl that died was his girlfriend."

"Malia, I'm sorry. I didn't know about either, I thought she was just friends with you guys."

"It's fine. Can we change the subject though please?" I put the menu to the side and she nods.

"Are you going to prom?"

"Nope."

"Well why the fuck not?" She crosses her arms and I raise a brow.

"Because Isabel blames me for her boyfriend breaking up with her so we aren't talking anymore, Grayson misses his life before I came into the picture, Ethan-don't even get me started on him."

"I heard you're dating-"

"Kieran is....an old friend."

"Bullshit Malia. Whatever it is that's going on between you two is a relationship."

I press my lips together and think about it before just shrugging it off.

"So, basically you have no friends?"

The waiter interrupts us, to take our order and once the waiter leaves, we continue the conversation.

"Pretty much."

She doesn't say anything regarding the topic so  I change the conversation once again to avoid the awkward and uncomfortable silence between the girl who hated me and I hated right back just a few months ago.

—————

"At least try it on."

"No."

"Malia."

"Kieran."

"Malia."

"No, what's the point?"

"Come on, just try it on. For me, please?" He grabs my hands and pulls me in towards him and I kiss his lips softly.

"Alright, fine."

I snatch the dress out of the box and head towards the bathroom. The dress is delicate, one wrong move and I could easily tear the dress while putting it on if I wasn't careful.

Once it's on me, it feels like it's become part of me. It's tight fitting, from the top and around my waist while it lightly fans out on the bottom. The slit goes high up my right thigh, but the dress wasn't as see through as I thought it would be. My sketch compared to the real thing, was almost the same with only a few minor differences. The crystals sewn to the bodice were hardly noticeable from far but up close it added a little something to it.

I walk out of the bathroom and stand by the door while Kieran lays on my bed using his phone.

"What do you think?" I walk in further and spin.

"I-" His jaw drops once his gaze lands on me and I can't help but blush at his reaction.

"I what?" My brow raises while a smile plastered on my face and he gets up, walking towards me with a smile.

"You're fucking gorgeous."

His hands wrap around my waist while pressing a kiss on my temples as I rest my hands on his shoulders.

I feel a pang of guilt in my chest as he holds me in his arms, and it's for a few simple reasons.

The important things I talked about with Natasha, that no one else was going to know except for her and I.

How I fucking wished what she said was wrong, but deep down I knew she was right.

Author's Note: 👀👀👀  cliffhanger much?

I love how no one guessed who the minor person coming back was 😌

There's a reason for everything that's happening man and the way I'm planning on ending things oop....

Once Trust Issues ends, would you guys like me to go live on my IG (gisxllllx_wattpad) and talk about the ending with you? Let me know because I genuinely want to know your guys reactions to the ending once I get there.

Until Next Time, PEACE! ✌🏻💜💚💙