F O R T Y - F I V E

"Malia, can you go take these papers to Mrs. Nelson's class to get signed? It's classroom 716, the math area." I nod and get up out of my seat, taking the papers from my teachers hands and I walk out of my 2nd period english class.

Normally I would have loved being out of class, but my 2nd period was by far my favorite class out of my 6 classes.

Sure, I was stuck with all the dumbasses who most likely cheated their way to get into an honors class but I had a few friends in there and that was all that I needed.

I look at the top of the doors and I check the class numbers making sure I was in the right area.

When I see the number 716 painted above the blue steel door, I open the door and I'm immediately greeted with the sound of laughter and other students walking around the class.

Half the class goes quiet and the other half stops what they're doing and they stare at me.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I find the teacher in the corner looking annoyed.

I nod and I walk towards her. "Mrs. Anderson told me she needed these papers to be signed."

"Where does she want me to sign?" she looks though them and from the corner of my eye, I can see someone sitting near the wall staring at me intensely.

I let my hair cover the left side of my face, therefore trying to avoid that person.

It's weird having people stare at me.

"She didn't specify, she omly said to have you sign these."

"I'll call her right now and make sure." I nod and she gets up from her seat, handing me back the papers.

She walks towards the phone in the corner of the room and I'm about to turn around when someone bumps into me and nearly knocks me over while the papers fall onto the floor, scattered every onto the floor.

I look up and I see Ethan Dolan. He's wearing his white football jersey with light blue accents, detailing the number 8 on the jersey.

"Whoops." he laughs and I grit my teeth.

"You're a fucking dick." I get on my knees picking up the papers that were scattered on the floor.

A few people laugh and snicker the minute I tell him off and I can tell he's slightly offended when I answer him back.

"You know you-"

"Mrs. Nelson, I'll just leave the papers here." I drop the papers onto her desk and I walk out of the classroom.

------

"Grant!" I yell at him.

He was sitting next to me and he wouldn't wake up.

Even though I know his real name, I somehow prefer to call him Grant at the moment.

"Ethan!" I yell once again and he wakes up.

"What? What happened?" he quickly rubs his eyes and gets up out of his seat.

"I remember!"

"Remember what Malia?"

"That day during our freshman year!" I smile widely.

"Y-You remember?" he stutters and I nod.

"I remember the first day we met!"

It wasn't the way I would have wanted to meet Ethan, but I did and I'll admit, I'd prefer it over any other mushy shit.

I can see his eyes water and I pull on his arm bring him closer to me.

He puts his right hand next to me and his left on the other side as he towers over me and brings his lips to mine.

"Do it." I stare at his lips, then up at his hazel eyes.

His lips brush against mine up until I push his head towards me and our lips connect.

We pull back. "I'll remember the rest. I know I will."

-----

"Ethan, I can do it!" I slowly get up from the hospital bed.

"Okay then." he completely lets go of me and I fall back onto the bed.

I groan, feeling the discomfort and pain in my ribs.

"Sorry, but do you still need help now?" he has a small smirk on his face and I nod.

I let him help me up and I reach to close the back of my hospital gown but Ethan does it for me.

"I got you babygirl." he helps me to the restroom where my clothes are and I slowly walk in.

"I'll be right here outside the door in case you need anything okay?"

"No, can you stay in here please?" I feel so weak, and I'm not used to feeling like this at all.

He nods and steps into the restroom and closes the door.

I struggle with the hospital gown and Ethan helps me take it off.

I cover my chest with my arms as I look into the mirror in front of me.

I have bandages wrapped around my stomach with scratches and bruises covering my body and face.

Slowly, I undo the bandages.

"Malia, wait-"

I whimper in pain as I no longer feel anything wrapped around me.

I'm completely bare except for my black underwear that I'm wearing.

I want to cry, but I can't.

I look like death is ready to take me.

It almost did.

My skin is pale, appears white almost. My lips have no color, my blue eyes are dull, and the bags under my eyes, noticeable.

I look like I lost so much weight too. My waist looks smaller than it did before, my arms skinny and long, along with my legs.

I hated the person I was looking at in the mirror.

Me.

My lip trembles as I feel my eyes begin to burn. I inhale, then exhale to try and prevent my crying.

But it doesn't work because I break-down completely.

Ethan quickly walks up to me and engulfs me in his arms while I sob into his arms. "I'm-"

"Don't even say it Malia. You're-"

"Ethan, look at me! I look horrible, I'm so ugly! Look at how thin I got, I look dead!" I cover my chest and I look back at the mirror.

"Look carefully at yourself in the mirror Malia."

"No, I can't-"

"Just look."

He stands behind me and looks at me in the mirror.

"You've been through hell and back Malia, you're tired, you look tired. But listen to me when I say this. You are not ugly. You're anything but ugly. You're gorgeous."

I don't say anything. I only look down.

I can feel Ethan's body heat radiating onto my body and I turn around to hug him.

I don't want to look at myself any longer.

He grabs the hospital gown and wraps it around me. As he ties it around me I look up at him.

"Why do you love me?" He completely stops.

"What?"

"What did I do to deserve you Ethan?"

Author's Note: Sorry about the late update 😟

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter

Until Next Time, PEACE! ✌💜💚💙