T W E N T Y - E I G H T

I lay my head in Avery's lap sobbing as the girls surround us.

Everyone was quiet except for me.

"H-he told me he was going to make it up to m-me." my lip quivers as Avery plays with my hair, attempting to calm me down.

"I can't believe it's his." Andrea runs her hand through her hair while shaking her head.

My phone rings and Charlotte looks at it.

"It's Ethan." she says quietly.

"Don't answer it. That asshole doesn't deserve her." Isabel gets up, grabbing the phone and turns it off.

I squeeze my eyes shut as more tears run down my cheeks.

"Malia, he-"

"He promised me! He told me that he was going to make it up to me, he told me he loved me! We were supposed to be happy!" I pace around the room while I shout.

Everything is wrong. My life wasn't supposed to be planned out like this.

But it is, and I can't do anything about it.

"People lie Malia." Sam looks up at me and I shake my head.

"He p-promised." I mumble.

"Promises are broken...he broke one two many." Avery and Isabel stand up and walks towards me and I let myself fall to my knees.

"I trusted him." I say while the girls embrace me in a hug.

-----

I knock hard on the door, making my knuckles go numb.

"I'm coming, hold on!" I hear behind the door as she unlocks the door.

The door swings open and I see my mom.

"Mal-" I cut her off by wrapping my arms around her.

"You were right mom. You were right from the start." I mumble as I hug tighter and she pulls back.

"About what?" She's confused and surprised, about me being here and telling her this.

"Can I just come in? You're going to want to sit down when you hear this."

She nods and we take a seat in the living room. "What do you want to talk about Lia?" she fixes her dress and I look down as I fiddle with my fingers.

"The baby is Ethan's. He's the father. He was with her while we were together."

She closes her eyes and lets out a deep sigh.

"It took you this long to figure it out that he was with someone else?" she asks calmly.

I nod and she puts her head down.

"He told me that he was going to make it up to me mom."

"And where did that get you Malia? Did he also say that he 'loves' you too?"

I don't say anything. I just nod.

"When? When you lost your virginity to him? Oh wait, I forgot. You two were drunk." The way she speaks, it's like venom. Anger laced with every word that comes out of her mouth.

"Mom." My voice cracks and she gets up from the couch and walks to the bar, serving herself a drink.

"You're drinking again?" she downs the drink and ignores me. She pours more in her cup.

"Did he always tell you he loved you? Or was it just in bed?" she holds the drink, waving it around as some spills onto the carpet.

"Stop it!" I stand up from my seat, the chair scratching against the wood floors while she keeps her ground.