T H I R T Y - N I N E

"I'm not doing it Isabel!" I back away from her as she gets near me with the pink hair dye.

"Come on Malia! You and Ethan could be matching!"

"No, I like my hair!"

"You're acting like a dumb blonde Malia!" she yells and I grab a pillow aiming towards her.

"Come on! It would be an amazing way to show off to everyone at school that you and Ethan are back together!"

"Ethan and I are not going to be that couple who matches shit together, we don't roll that way Isabel."

"Malia-"

"Nope. I'm not doing it."

-----

"Are you done yet?" I groan while crossing my arms as Isabel blow dries my hair.

She doesn't respond and keeps going as she does my hair.

After a few minutes she stops fixing my hair. "You can look now."

When I look in the mirror, I'm actually quite pleased.

Isabel got me back to my normal hair color and added pink streaks to my hair.

"You gotta admit, I did good. I was tired of seeing you as a blonde."

"It wasn't that bad Isabel."

"That's what you think Mal."

-----

I watch the freshmen take their test as Mr. Rivera looks through his daily planner.

I'm supposed to check if anyone is cheating on the test and so far I've caught 5 of them cheating but I wasn't going to say anything.

I did the same shit as them, so why was I going to rat them out?

When Mr. Rivera looks up he sees two students whispering to eachother and signals for me to go check up on them.

The minute I get up, they get quiet and I stand between them.

I can tell they're both shitting themselves and I want to laugh but I manage to stay quiet.

"Number 7 is A." I mumble before walking back to my desk.

I sit back down playing with the ends of my hair, looking at the pink color in my hair.

"I'll be back, LaMont will be in charge." Mr. Rivera walks out of the class with papers in his hands and once the door closes, the freshmen all look up at me.

"1 is D, 2 is B, 3 is D, 4 is A, 5 is C, 6 is A, 7 is B, 8 is C, 9 is D and 10 is A." I say while checking if Mr. Rivera is coming back.

Quickly, they all write in the answers and they sigh in relief.

"Come on guys, this is easy. I mean this is spanish for spanish speakers."

"Why don't you try taking this test and see how 'easy' it is." one of the freshmen students gives me an attitude and I raise a brow.

"I just gave you the answers." The whole class starts to laugh at them and they turn red.

"By the way, I've taken this test already. It's the same one Mr. Rivera gives every damn year. I passed the first time I took it and everyone else had to retake it because they failed."

"Well damn, who shit in your cheerios this morning?"

"Don't test me, for all you know I could have lied about the test answers."

The whole class groans and I start to laugh. "Come on Malia! Don't lie to us, this is our grade!"

Mr. Rivera comes back in and notices that everyone is done and collects the tests.

Everyone is panicing and the only thing I can do is hide my face to not show my laughter. The bell rings and they all walk out of the class with annoyed looks on their faces.

-----

"They're losing!" Avery yells as we watch the school football game.

"They can still win, don't give up on them so easily." I say as I stay concentrated on Ethan.

He looked hot in his football jersey, he was dripping in sweat and his face was dirty yet he still managed to look amazing.

Today was the homecoming football game so the whole football stadium was decorated with posters and balloons.

Ethan has the ball and ends up scoring a touchdown.

Everyone around me jumps up and cheers while I stay seated. It's not that I wasn't happy about Ethan scoring, but I was waiting for the right time.

I look up at the scoreboard and I see there's only 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

The other team makes a score but it isn't enough to beat them.

Everyone is jumping up and cheering for the football team and I see Ethan take off his helmet looking in the bleachers for me.

I quickly get up and I walk through everyone trying to get to Ethan.

"Malia, where are you going?" The girls call my name and I ignore them.

I walk down the steps of the bleachers and I run towards Ethan.

He opens his arms and I run into him, wrapping my arms around him tightly as he spins me around while I kiss him.

I can feel people staring at Ethan and I, and I have to admit that it feels weird but I could give two shits.

"Congrats quarterback." I smile as I move a piece of his hair that was sticking out.

His smile widens and he turns around and whistles to Grayson calling him over here.

"What's wrong E?" He ignores me and Grayson comes up to us and hands Ethan a red bouquet of flowers.

Ethan gets down on one knee and looks up at me.

"Ethan, no!" he laughs and holds up the bouquet. "Malia, you know I don't do this type of shit." he shakes his head laughing making me giggle.

"But you're an exception, so what do you say? Do you want to be my date to homecoming so I can get a pizza that ass?" His smirk widens.

I burst out laughing while trying to cover my now red face. I nod and he hands me the flowers while he goes in for another kiss.

"You're so cheesy Ethan." I look up at him and he bursts out laughing.

I can see a few people in the bleachers freaking out and a few others cheering.

"Long time no see Malia."

I turn around seeing Sean and Lisa with Cameron.

They have smiles on their faces and I stand still with shock written over my face.

"Homecoming with my little bro?" Cameron says as her smile grows wider while she looks at Ethan and I.

Author's Note: What up fam? 😉

I was actually working on the chapter yesterday but I kept getting distracted, so I'm sorry about that 😅

But what did you guys think about the scene with Ethan asking Malia to homecoming? I literally thought of the cheesy part right now and it might be cringy to some of you but 💁

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short ass chapter, I promise they'll start to get longer < ignore that 😂

Until Next Time, PEACE! ✌💙💚💜