Chapter 4

Song for chapter: Patoranking - Girlie o

Lucky

     Today, my second day in Maria Grace was pretty much like the first. I had always been a bit of a misfit so I worried about not fitting in properly. But, so far everything was okay. The few friends I had made were wonderful people with different personalities yet they were so alike.

     I was making my way to the classroom, English was the first subject on my schedule. I still had about fifteen minutes before the class would start, but I wanted to be early. I opened the door and walked in, there was no one in except a boy sitting at the very back of the class with earphones in his ears, he seemed to be looking at something below the table, his iPod I thought – well either that or he was reading. Just when I was about to look away, he looked up and caught my eyes, I quickly looked away and continued walking to my seat but then I stopped and did a double take.

Those brown eyes...

     He was still staring at me, I squinted, trying to remember where I had seen him before. He looked familiar, those alluring brown eyes, flared nose and that chiseled jawline. He eyed me, taking his time whilst doing so, then he ran his tongue over his bottom lip before meeting my eyes again.

God...

That was hot...

     Suddenly, It clicked, I finally remembered him, he was the boy I met in the street. That kid, victor's older brother who offered to take me to the hospital. He looked away, cupped his chin, propping his elbow on the desk. I walked to my seat and sat down, Naomi walked in and threw him a glance before walking up to me and taking her sit next to me.

"Good morning, Lucky." She grinned at me.

"Who is that guy?" I spluttered, causing her to give me a weird look.

Fool...

Just shut your mouth...!

"That's Abel." She replied.

I knew it...!

"Oh..."I said instead.

"Do you know him or...?" Naomi asked.

"No, no." I lied, why? I didn't know.

"He's hot, right?" Naomi asked with a smirk.

     Through my peripheral vision, I noticed Abel. He got up and stretched, allowing me to drink him in. He was really tall, I would say about six-four. He had an athletic build. Abel took off his sweater, accidentally untucking the back of his shirt in the process. I watched him swagger out of the classroom with the sweater clenched in his fist.

"yes..." I replied almost dreamily, Naomi giggled beside me.

~*~*~*~

     Sometime later, Abel returned to the classroom, gracing us with his presence. He took his seat and instantly buried his head between his folded arms, resting on his desk. He seemed moody, like he was trying to keep himself from exploding. The Abel I met a week ago didn't look this cold and reserved, I wanted to ask Naomi if he was always like that but thankfully decided against it. I didn't want her thinking I liked the guy or something.

     Naomi and I chattered until the bell was rung, we went for the Assembly which lasted for about ten minutes. Afterwards, we went back to the classroom, students filed in and took their seats before the teacher walked in. Every now and then, I found myself looking back in hopes of seeing Abel but I would find him in the same position, his head still tucked between his arms resting on the desk, he hadn't moved at all.