Chapter 28

Special thanks to DesieLeleyii for this cover. ♥😘

Song For Chapter: Smile For Me - Simi

Lucky 

     Desire, I think that was what I saw in his eyes, I wasn't quite sure, the emotion was too strong to decipher; I couldn't even think properly, I felt so self-conscious under his fiery gaze, I couldn't understand how a simple look could make me so lightheaded.

     Abel was leaning in so slowly, I wondered whether his neck wasn't hurting him, I convinced myself he was going to whisper in my ear and he wasn't about to kiss me, my lips were probably chapped and that's why he kept staring at them, right?

It couldn't be, that look though, maybe he does want kiss me... He wants to, right?

     Remembering that Bola and Nero had read our little letter and might very well be stalking us, I mustered up some courage and took a gigantic step – as gigantic as my short leg could manage – to the right, I walked further into the room and away from Abel. I couldn't let those boys see us, Bola was sort of spiteful and was obviously planning on screwing me over, and Ebimo, just for associating with Abel, I knew I was on his shït list. The avengers could strike at any moment, they always had tricks up their sleeves, If something got to the principal, no doubt my father would be informed.

"Aside from the dirty sheets, this place doesn't look like it's been deserted." I initiated, trying to kill the awkwardness but it was useless, the tension in the room could be cut with a butter knife.

     Abel had his back to me, he was right were I left him, his head was still drooping, it was almost as if he couldn't believe I was no longer in close proximity.

Awkward...

This one strong sha...

Abel sighed and finally turned around. "Yeah, I clean it once in a while."

"Hmmm." I didn't know what to say, I took this moment to fully drink him in. He wasn't wearing his sweater or the blazer, his plaid shirt was tucked but the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, his sweater was tied around his waist, typical bad boy fashion. "So, this is your spot."

Awkwardness, go away na...

"Yeah." Abel sauntered towards me, he walked behind me and started yanking the dirty sheets off. "Students started hanging here during lessons, they refused to attend classes, Bola being the ring leader of that. Anyways, Ma decided to have It locked."

Lady Maria Grace...

     I sneezed and involuntarily stomped my foot when dust filled my nostrils, Abel muttered a quick 'sorry' and continued until everything was unveiled.

Wow...

     Table tennis, table football, video games, desktops that looked like they hadn't been used in years. This room was the bomb, there were bean bag chairs, picnic tables and a shelf where tabletop games like: chess, draughts, scrabble, monopoly, ludo, solitaire, etcetera, sat.

"This place is amazing..." I said in a small voice, running my hand over the table football. We never had a rec room at Saint James.

Stopping before the table tennis, I picked up the tennis plate and flailed it with style. "I'm a ping pong champion, you know..."