Chapter 31

Lucky

     The culprit sneered down at us, her chest heaved, her nostrils flared, I stood tall but didn't come close to her, she was a six footer and to top it off, she was wearing these really high stiletto heels. This lady was light skinned, her skin was so shimmery – It didn't look natural, there were dark patches of skin on her knuckles, clavicle and elbow — evidence that she had probably bleached her skin. She looked to be in her late thirties, her weaves were really straight and long, they fell to her waist and over her shoulders, down her bosom. Her face was perfectly made up, she was really busty and considering the amount of cleavage on display, she seemed quite proud of it.

"You caused this, huh?"

"I did..." I held the clothes in my hands tighter and proceeded to apologise. "I'm sorry, madam -"

"Madam!?" She stretched her hand out to my face, practically palming my face, I noticed the size of the rock on her engagement finger. "You crazy? I look like yo mama?" Her accent was faintly american.

The salesclerk carefully took the clothes from my hands. "Ma, Abeg, sorry. Is my fault, I was purshuing you and the clothes was -"

"Oh, shut your mouth!" She snapped at the salesclerk. "Don't you dare speak to me, you're not on my level. You can't even speak proper English. Is this the customer service your boss has been yapping about? What kinda pigsty is this anyways? You let trashy riffraffs..." She eyed me, her artificial eyelashes were a fluttering mess. "...waltz in here? What is this?"

Ehn? Me? Riffraff?

No way, lie lie, I won't let this one slide. This bitch is going to get it from me.

"First of all, get your boleh bleached hand outta my face?" I fired, making her gasp, I slapped her hand away from my face. Her fingers truly looked like Roasted Plantain. "It reeks of shït, honestly. Did you forget to wash your hands after you wiped your behind?" The girl by my side stifled a laugh and covered her mouth, the biyatch was frozen, frantically blinking and opening her mouth like a fish out of water.

I didn't stop there, no, I was on a roll. "Second, I don't know where you get off thinking you can go around calling people names and expect them to just stand by doing nothing about it but you're delusional, Antie. I can assure you I can go from composed to a tornado. Sorry about the clothes, you don't have to be so rude, you're not her boss, ahn. Please respect yourself and walk away – like any sane person would – before you embarrass yourself."

I folded my arms and met her fierce glare.

~*~*~*~

Abel

     Now clad in a white baseball jersey, he sauntered – passing several clothes rack, his eyes scanned the room for signs of his ray of sunshine. Her glowing skin, her long braids, her cute ankara dress, hell, he even listened for the sound of her melodious voice.

Bloody fůck, Lucky is beautiful.

     Abel couldn't understand how someone could be so perfect. It took him a long time to get her to notice and get comfortable with his ugly ass, he had feared he was going to chase her away and he still did. Abel wanted so much more from her, but his baby wasn't catching his drift or she didn't want a fugly loser like he deemed himself to be.