Chapter 17

Song for chapter: Leg over - Mr Eazi

Abel

     Abel took a swig of his beer before gulping down the liquid. Cradling the bottle against his stomach, he threw his right leg on the seat and propped his hand on his left knee. He was sitting on the bay window seat, propped against the window. His eyes were peering through the windowpane, he watched drunken teenagers clown around. Their antics were far from entertaining but Abel watched them.

     On the inside, he was beating himself up about another failed attempt with Lucky. They couldn't even have a proper conversation, the moment would always turn sour. That conversation wasn't bad, but he felt it could've gone a lot better. If only she hadn't brought up Bisola, this was what annoyed him. He wanted so badly to talk to her but didn't know how to initiate. One would have thought that after their day at the market, things would be smoother between them but no that wasn't the case, It seemed they never even left the 'awkward silence phase', he thought they'd crossed that bridge.

     Abel sighed out of frustration and mildly wiped sweat from his temple. As he drank his beer, a thought crossed his mind and he chuckled to himself.

She hasn't even touched me and she's making me sweat...

     Abel knew he was hooked even though they hadn't established any form of intimacy. God knew how many restless nights she'd given him. He didn't know what was wrong with him, he was never this slow and composed with a girl, he was blunt and blatant and girls never sent him mixed signals. Abel was so lost in thoughts that he didn't even see the five footer until she crouched and waved her small fingers at him. He came back to the real world and stared her up, he noticed she had one hand behind her back. She smiled and said:

"You dropped this..." She stretched out her hand and offered him his dark beanie.

     Abel kept the blank look on his face, he blinked at her. Reaching out, he collected it and muttered an appreciation under his breath. Lucky frowned at his grim reply and he suddenly felt like a jerk, he awkwardly cleared his throat.

This was not want he wanted.

"Can I sit?" Lucky asked as she fiddled with her fingers.

     Suddenly, Abel's mood changed, his eyes lit up. Not being able to form words, he threw his right leg on the floor and stretched his left leg, he answered by sending her a nod. Lucky was quick to sit, maybe a little too quick. She plumped on his left leg, immediately realising what she'd done, she jumped up with slightly wide eyes and a blush coating her cheeks.

"Err... sorry." She sheepishly squeaked out.

"It's okay." He replied coolly with his signature nod.

It's not okay...! He inwardly screamed.

     Her rear end on his foot was enough to increase his suffering exponentially. He was hot on the inside, his imagination was running wild. Envisioning different scenarios, he envisioned ways he wanted their encounter to end. Not so decent images flashed in his head. But for a man with such high libido, he was glad he wasn't sporting a hard-on, at least not one that was visible.

     Making sure to look first, Lucky gently sat down. His leg wasn't that far from her but they weren't making contact. She threw him a sideways glance and caught him gulping his beer. He was facing her profile with one leg behind her, their position was somewhat intimate.

Silence.

"Let's talk!" She blurted out and closed her eyes immediately, regretting her choice of words. "no, I meant to say we should converse..."