Chapter 29

Lucky

"We almost - I think he was trying to kiss me." I uttered, lost in la la land.

"Ehn!? When?"

"On wednesday... And then yesterday." I wasn't with Naomi, I was seeing Abel now, he was so close, just like we were yesterday, when he had carried me.

His hands, on my waist...

"Chineke meh oh...!" Naomi jolted me back to reality, she had her hand over her mouth. "Two attempts in one week!"

"It wasn't really an attempt..." I wasn't even convincing myself. "It was more like a compromising position, our faces ended up inches part."

"Two compromising positions, Lucky!" She reminded me. "Your faces were inches apart? As a shortie - no offense, how do you even end up that way with a six foot-four human being!? Unless, It's intentional! That boy wants you like mad, Lucky. I see it, the way he looks at you is so - "

"You're exaggerating." I argued. "We're just friends. If he did like me, I would know, I know when a boy likes me."

Naomi released shrieks of laughter and I frowned.

"What's funny?"

"If you're talking about Bola, It doesn't count because that goat just wants to do you." She then paused. "Well, so does Abel but It's different."

"Naomi, what are you saying?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Look, what I'm trying to say is this: Abel likes you, he doesn't befriend girls, he just bangs them but your case is different because you're not seeing the signs. If you don't have feelings for him, I suggest you find a way to put it to him so he doesn't make a move on you because trust me, he will and It won't be just inches apart the next time."

I took a minute to process all she had said, I didn't quite understand what it was I felt for Ugo, he was the kind to leave you bedazzled, shaking and teetering on the edge of sanity. I had mixed feelings concerning him but I badly craved his company.

"Stop..." A mousy voice pled.

Naomi and I held each other's gaze, our eyes widened and we froze, listening for more.

"I don't want to do this..." The voice was quite familiar. "Ebimo, leave me be..."

Gbam!

At the mention of that name, we knew we had to intervene and we did. We took off and rounded the corner to the back of the building, before we saw Isabel Douglas pinned against the wall by the one and only, Ebimo Godson.

"Ebimo!"

"Hey, let her go!"

Ebimo turned his upper body but kept Isabel against his hips, holding her by the waist. He glowered at us, probably murdering us in his head.

"You two?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Go away, you have no business here."

"We're not going anywhere!" Naomi instantly fired back.