Chapter 32

Song for chapter: Fetish by Selena Gomez featuring Gucci Mane

Lucky

     I regretted the words the minute they tumbled out, it sounded so patronizing and that wasn't me, I never reproached nor condemned, here I was making my friend cover for me so I could hang out with a boy from school. I wasn't perfect, I couldn't patronize, I couldn't judge, that's a right only The Most High can exert.

     Abel's features were hardened, his jaw was clenched, he was gripping his patella so hard, the already visible veins on the back of his hand protruded even further like they would burst from behind his skin any moment. Strangely enough though, this didn't seem like anger, it seemed like hurt.

I knew I had to apologise.

"I'm sorry." I nervously uttered, carefully watching him through my peripheral vision. "I shouldn't have said that."

What's worse than guilt? Apologising and awaiting forgiveness that you may never receive.

Silence.

Prolonged silence.

     Abel maintained his silence, I remembered all the times he'd offended me, he'd apologised like his life depended on it. Abel didn't look like he had plans of speaking to me, neither did he look like he would be restarting the car anytime soon, I felt bad about what I had said but I already apologised, there was nothing else I could have done. I was deflated because I knew then that I had to get going. I would have to find my way home, luckily, I had money for transport. I didn't want to leave, but I had to, I had been gone for two hours, one more hour and my mother would start bombarding my phone.

I unclipped my seatbelt and shoved my phone in the pocket of my ankara flared dress. "Thanks for keeping me company and um, treating me to lunch." I waited for him to retort, but he didn't. "I hope your mother loves the dress. I best be on my way, see you on monday."

     With that said, I opened the door and exited the car. I began trudging backwards, passing the back of the car so I could stand on the pavement whilst awaiting a tricycle. But before I took my third step, the sound of a car door opening filled the air, Ugo emerged from within and began marching towards me, his face was impassive. I stood there transfixed, waiting to hear what he would say the minute he got closer but he didn't speak, he acted.

     In proximity, Abel grasped my neck, inclining my head upwards before proceeding to smash his lips against mine. My knees abruptly began to spasm, I couldn't control the surge of emotions whirling inside of me, it was like getting drenched by a sprinkler but deeper than that because I wasn't cold, I felt hot; heat settled on my neck where his large hand sat.

     As I was searching for poetic words to describe my emotions, I didn't even realise I was actually responding – kissing him back. Abel slightly crouched and wrapped his arm around my waist as if he knew I'd been experiencing a spasm. I arched my back against him, standing on my toes, his lips danced with mine, I tried to keep up with his pace, his kiss was so fierce;  I felt my belly undulating – a sign that I needed air. We began moving backwards, the next thing I knew, his hands were roaming all over, I arched my back and squirmed against his rock hard body; his hands slithered downwards and he wrapped his hands around the back of my knees, picking me up and placing me atop the car.

This has to end...

I don't want it to.

This is definitely going to end.