Chapter 76

A/N: Best's new haircut. Digging it?

Lucky

     Monday finally arrived and I was anxious to be back in school. Everything was different, we would be seniors now and would graduate in a little less than a year. I wondered what this session would hold, if my relationship with Abel would be a problem — especially amongst my friends. It was no secret that none of them liked him. Naomi didn't actually detest him but she didn't like him either. I still hadn't told her about it, I needed the right time and I actually planned to tell both her and Linda together.

Let's hope she doesn't find out first and break my head.

     Mum was driving us to school. I was sat in the passenger's seat and Bukky in the back. I had my earphones on, looking through the window as I aimlessly played with the zipper on my bookbag. Shawn Mendes' Youth seemed like the perfect song for my mood so I put it on replay for the entire ride.

     Eventually we got to campus and we bade mum goodbye before alighting the car. I turned to my side to stare at Bukky. When I saw her new uniform, it dawned on me that she would be in JSS 1, on the same side of campus with me.

We stood before the gate as students ambled past us, walking through the gate to reunite with their friends.

"I'm nervous." She admitted.

"Hey now, you're Christine Bukola Adekunle. You're a badass!" I said, nudging her shoulder with mine.

"You're right..." She said more to herself than me. "I am a badass!"

"No, stupid is what you are for standing in my way." Someone suddenly said from behind, shouldering her as he passed, revealing his identity.

Victor!

"Ejiofor!" Bukky growled out and he looked over his shoulder to smirk devilishly.

"See you around, Beakface" He then addressed to me. "You too, Shrimp."

"Who the hell do you think you...!?" The next thing I knew Bukky was gone, marching after a swaggering Victor.

Oh brother...

"Hey shortie..." That was all it took for my heart to start turnioneown.

I turned to stare up at him. He had his sweater on over his plaid shirt. His shirt wasn't tucked in though, so it gave him a slight rough yet attractive look. His hair was lower, proven he'd gotten a trim. His eyes held mischief as he stared me down with a smirk. Images of all the nasty things we'd done in the holidays flashed through my mind and my cheeks heated up.

I walked into him and gave him a small quick hug, I made to pull away but he gripped my shoulders as he leaned down to plant a chaste kiss on my temple.

He pulled back, backtracked and winked. "I look forward to more of those smiles in class." Then he walked past, leaving me to swoon over him.

~*~*~*~

"Hey, Luckygirl..." Bassey greeted, tapping my shoulder as he strode past.

"Hey... "I smiled as I paused from organising my things in my locker.

"Lucky! Lucky!" I heard Naomi shouting my name as she came sprinting down the hallway, pushing people aside.

"What's chasing you? Did you see a masquerade or what?" I frowned as she stopped before me.

Naomi slapped my hands from inside the locker and grabbed my shoulders, turning to face her. "Have you seen Orland!?" She shook me. "Have you seen him yet!?"