6

Sabrina's POV

It was Saturday. A good day. A day to rest. I woke up at 9 and got a text from Peyton.
Plans?
I looked outside and saw it was pouring out. I sighed before replying.
It's raining.
Great plans.
I'm probably just going to stay in.
Cool.
Come over.
Give me 10.
Not a minute more.
How about a second?
Careful Huckleberry, your skating on thin ice.
Alright be there soon.
I thought about getting ready but I didn't want to so I just chilled in bed, going through my Twitter. I closed my eyes for one second and woke up to the doorbell. I got up and made my way downstairs. I opened the door to see Peyton, looking a lot better than I do. "Well I'm underdressed." He walked in and smiled. "It is not fun out there." He said. I took his jacket and he put his shoes by the door. "Are those my track pants?" He asked as I reached up for a hanger. "Maybe." We walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch. "Did you have breakfast yet?" I asked. "No but I don't need it."I got up and walked into the kitchen. "What do you want?" He followed me in and sat down on the counter. "Have you eaten breakfast?" He countered. "No. So what do you want?" I asked. "Whatever you're having." I nodded my head took out the cereal.
-----
"Okay so what did you want to do?" I asked as we finished doing the dishes. He looked around and then back to me. "Well maybe we could go and..."
"Peyton that was pathetic. If you don't know what you want to do why did you come here?" We walked to the living room and we sat down on the couch. "I just wanted to spend some time with you." I rested my head on his lap and looked up at him. "That's a good reason. Its cheesy but I'll let it slide" He smiled. "What?" He shook his head. "You are beautiful." I closed my eyes. Peyton. "Don't do that." I said. "Do what?" He was playing with my hair. "You always say stuff like that." I didn't want to open my eyes and look at him. "I only say it because it's true." He countered. "There you go again."
I sat up and opened my eyes. "What's wrong with complimenting you?" He asked. "Because I don't think you need to." I said. He looked at me. I looked at his lips. "You are the most bea-"
"Peyton." I cut him off. "You wanna go outside?" He asked. I looked at him weird. "It's raining outside." I said confused. "Thanks captain obvious." He said. He stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up into his arms. "Why do you wanna go outside?" I asked. He looked out the window and then turned back to me. "Because." I sighed and we went to the front door. Just then my dad came outside. "Where are you kids going?" He asked. "He wants to go outside."
"But it's raining out why would he w-" He stopped himself. "What?" I asked. He looked at Peyton and smiled. Peyton was trying to be straight faced. "Good luck cowboy." He told him. He nodded his head and opened the door. We walked out and I stood under the porch.

"Can we go inside now?" I asked. He shook his head, walking into the rain. He held out his hand and I took it. He pulled me out into the rain. We became soaked in a matter of minutes. "Peyton we are all wet. Why are we out here?" I asked. The water trickling down my face getting blown off by my words. "Sabrina why do you think we are here?" He asked. "I don't know! I didn't suggest it!" I said putting my hands up. He grabbed one of them and pulled me close to him. "Even in the rain you are still beautiful." He whispered. "Peyton." He looked up and at the house and smiled. "Do you remember how I said I just wanted to spend time with you and you thought that it was a cheesy line?" He asked. I nodded. "Well I am not only a cheesy cowboy I'm also a cliche." I looked confused. "Sabrina I can't do this anymore. I pretend to be okay with everything. I was so close before I left. And know that I'm here. In the rain. With you. I can't let this opportunity slip through my fingers." I suddenly knew what he was about to do. "Sabrina I-" I shook my head and he stopped. "Peyton I can't let you do this." He looked at the ground. "Because I know that my huckleberry can't be all soft because he secretly likes people calling him mad dog." He looked up. "So I will be the cliche and I will be the cheesy one." I said. He looked up and smiled at the sky. "Yea not a chance Sabrina." He looked back down at me and picked me up. "Not a chance." He whispered looking up at me. I put my hands on his cheeks and kissed him.

----

We were laying on the couch, my head on your chest as you played with my hair. The T.V was playing Stranger Things but you were only half watching. I was wearing a pair of sport shorts and a t-shirt and you were wearing a pair of sweats and a shirt from my drawer of your clothes. I took in your scent, and listened to your heartbeat, grateful it was there, I couldn't help but think that you were making everything right. I felt loved, like you really liked me next to you. I was so happy. So happy that I had you. But this time not as my best friend, as someone I could share kisses with, someone I could walk through a park with and hold hands with, knowing it was right. I could feel myself liking you a little more with each passing second. I was happy. And so were you. It was one of the best days of my life

Love,

Sabrina