9

Sabrina's POV
     He left a while ago. It's weird not having him here now. I went upstairs and started to clean my room. I could still see our bodies indentations from the night before. I missed him. Which was odd. Because I shouldn't care this much. I shouldn't miss him this much. It was 7:30 by the time I finished cleaning and the sun was just starting to set. I went through all my chores and finally sat down. My phone was laying on my bed, but I was sitting in my chair, staring out the window.
Before I knew it the sun had set, leaving the sky a dark purple. Then my phone rang. I stood up and walked to my bed to see Peyton's contact on the screen. I slid and answered, laying on my bed.
Hey stranger
Why hello Peyton.
I need to tell you something.
Like what?
Well my family wants to get away for a little bit. Only a week or two. And I wanted to tell you.
You're leaving again?
I'll be 4 hours away.
Plane or car?
Plane.
Where are you going?
Somewhere in the Caribbean.
When are you leaving?
A few days.
Can we hang out tomorrow?
I have a few things to do. But I'll see if I have time.
And if you don't?
We will still talk.
And then you will be gone for two weeks.
It'll be fine.
Yea I know. I hope you have fun.
It's supposed to be a good time.
It will be. You are going to the Caribbean.
True.
I'll miss you. I can promise you that.
I'll miss you too. The conversation went from talking to almost a whisper. I could see a shadow by my door.
You know there was a beautiful sunset tonight.
I know. I watched it.
Not as beautiful as you.
You make me very happy.
I am very lucky.
How?
I have you.
You are too cheesy.
But it's true. I am very happy to be with you.
I am very happy to be with you too.
You know the time difference between us won't be that big.
You don't say.
Maybe we can look at the stars together.
If I didn't know any better I'd think I was talking to a brick of parmesan cheese.
Who's to say that I am not a brick of parmesan cheese?
I guess you're right. We will never know if Peyton Meyer is a brick of parmesan cheese or not.
Breaking news Peyton Meyer is actually a man.
Now why would Peyton be a man?
So that people don't eat him with spaghetti.
Valid point.
Thank you. I had a speech prepared if you didn't approve.
I'm glad I did.
Me too. It was going to be a sad speech.
How so?
Well I'd have to explain the process of how I go from a block to shreds and how much it hurts and how my parmesan heart breaks because the piece of Romano cheese he likes is in the kitchen watching everything go down.
Are you trying to tell me that I'm a piece of Romano cheese?
I mean I'm a fan of white cheddar as well.
Of course you are.
It takes great on everything.
Not everything.
I beg to differ.
Chocolate.
Probably tastes great. You can't knock it till you try it.
Yea okay.
It's true. And also a famous saying.
Well aren't you just reaching me everything  I need to know.
I am. Maybe thats why you need me so much.
No that's not why.
Then what is? Is it my rocking bod?
Oh definitely not.
My swooshing hair?
You wish.
I do. Please do tell me why I am needed then.
Why don't you tell me first. Why do you need me?
You really wanna know?
Absolutely.
Well I'm not going to lie, your looks are a large part.
Oh how shallow.
Like a 2 foot pool.
Nice analogy.
Thank you. Which brings me to your words. Can't live without those.
Why thank you.
And maybe because you are absolutely beautiful inside and out. And every time I see you, you make me happier and happier. And I can't help but like you more and more with each passing second, whether I'm with you or not. Because you are the person I care about and want to keep safe. And you're the person that I hope to spend a lot more time with in the coming years. I mean either that or i'm hanging out with you because I got no one else. I sighed. By didn't speak. I looked at the clock and saw it was 10:00. I yawned.
Tired?
Yes.
Maybe you should sleep.
Maybe I should.
It is late.
Yea. I guess it is.
Well goodnight Sabrina.
Goodnight.
I went silent but didn't end the call. I stared up at the ceiling and then out the window. How I stayed quiet with my thoughts. Why am I so lucky? Why did I deserve him? I don't. But somehow I have him. And I really don't want to let him go.
You still there? I whispered.
I'm here. I'll always be here.
Thank you.
I closed my eyes and listened to his breathing. I put my phone right next to my pillow and slowly drifted out of consciousness.

Peyton's POV

     I listened to her breathing and looked at the stars. When her breathing slowed I knew she fell asleep.
I love you. No matter where I am. Or what I'm doing, or who I'm talking to I will always love you. I have fallen for you Sabrina. And I'm not landing anytime soon.

Sabrina's POV

     I love you too.