36

Hey I just wanted to say that the reason I am writing in more intimate parts between them is because they are crucial to the story line. Thanks.

Peyton's POV

I clicked on the page and filled out all of the information. I checked for the best options and was happy with my choices. I saw Sabrina walk into the room and quickly shut the computer and put it away. "I'm just gonna grab a new sweater." She said. She walked into my closet and saw my uniform. She ran her hand over it. She seemed to be in a trance. "I really missed you." I said. She turned around, with a weak smile on her face. "I missed you too." She whispered. She turned back around and grabbed a sweater, accidentally knocking the box beside it, off the shelf. It was my Afghanistan stuff. And her ring. She bent down and I stood up, walking over making sure she wouldn't see the box. "What's all this?" She asked picking up the stuff that fell. "Just stuff from Afghanistan." I walked over to pick it up but her eyes already fell upon the box. "What's this...?" She asked picking up the box. She turned to face me and I got really nervous. "Its nothing dint worry about it." I said quickly. She looked at it and opened it. "Why is there a ring in here...?" She asked. "It was- I was going- Uhh. When I got back I was going to ask you..." I trailed off. "You were going to ask me to marry you?" She asked. "Yea look let's just forget about this okay?" I started cleaning up the stuff and putting everything back in the box. "Peyton I'm sorry..."
"Yea don't worry about it." I said quickly. I cleared my throat and put the box back on the shelf. She carefully placed the box beside it. "I didn't mean to-"
"It's fine Sab." I said a little harsh. She cleared her throat. "Look maybe I'll just head home. I'll see you later okay?"

Sabrina's POV

Stop me.

Peyton's POV

I nodded my head and walked out of the room. She followed behind me. We walked downstairs and she put her shoes on. "I'll talk to you later..." She said quietly. She walked out the door quickly and I watched as she walked down to the sidewalk and made her way home. I walked back up to my room and sat down on the bed. I grabbed the small box and opened it to see the ring. I really want this on your finger. "Where's my favourite child?" I heard mom say. "Right here." I said. She walked in. "I don't see her. Where's Sabrina?" I smiled weakly. "She left. I got a little mad."
"Why?" She asked. I showed her the ring. Her eyes went wide. "Did you-"
"No. She knocked the box off the shelf and saw it."
"So why did you get mad?"
"I don't even know."
"Maybe you should apologize."
"She left."
"She's walking home."
I looked at her and nodded. "Alright." I walked downstairs and ot my running shoes on. I took off my sweater and ran out the door in my basketball shorts and tee shirt. I saw her far along, making a turn. I sprinted to try and catch up. "Sab!" I yelled. She didn't hear. I cut the distance between us in half. "Sab!!" I yelled again. She turned to see me. I caught up to her and stopped running. I saw tears on her cheeks. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
"No I get it. You're pissed off because I didn't agree to marry you. And maybe because you over heard me and your mom talking about how I don't really want to get married." I didn't say anything to her.
"I'll se-"
"No. That's not it. I just- I don't know why I was mad. But I didn't mean to get mad I just- I was mad at myself for thinking that that could have happened."
"I'm sorry. I'm not ready Peyton."
She started walking back to her house. I hung my head in defeat.

A Few Days Later

I woke up to my mom banging on the door. "Come in." My mom stormed into the room. "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!" She showed me some of the news headlines. "Uh, they aren't putting the pipe in in North Dakota. Mom you know that really matter since we live in California." She looked confused. "No not that. This." She showed me it again and I read the headline underneath it.

SABRINA AND PEYTON SPLIT AFTER FAILED MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

My eyes went wide. I clicked on it and had pictures of Sabrina and I talking a few days ago. Below was a paragraph with our apparent breakup conversation. "What did you do?" Mom asked. "Nothing!" I exclaimed. My phone started buzzing. I picked it up to see a bunch of twitter notifications. I opened Twitter to see that #peybrinaisoverparty was trending at #2. I sighed. "Well then." I said. "Fix it." Mom said before walking out of my room. My phone rang. It was Michael.

Hello?

Would you like to explain?

We didn't break up. I didn't even propose.

Elaborate.

It's fake. 100%.

We don't want this negative light while waiting for season cancellation or renewal.

Not my fault.

Fix.

Yes sir.

Have a good one.

You too.

I hung up and sighed. I got out of bed and got dressed up nicely. It was time to make a trip to the Carpenter house. I left the house and got into my car.

I pulled into the driveway and walked up to the front door. I rung the doorbell. Sarah answered.  "Oh here comes Mr. Heartbreaker." I looked at her confused. "She's in her room." I nodded and walked upstairs. I saw her sitting there on her phone. She was scrolling through something, unaware if my presence. She tossed her phone onto the floor and put her head in her hands. "Hey hunny." She didn't look up. Uh oh. "Sab?"
"Don't call me that." She snapped. What did i do? "Hey what's wrong?" I asked softly. "Nothing." She said. I walked over to her bed. "Is this about the news?" She didn't say anything. "Who did you tell to put that in?" She said hurt. "What? No Sab I-"
"Dont fricking call me that!"
I pulled her up and kissed her. "Wh-" I kissed her again and she kissed me back this time. "Is this your way if calming me down?" She whispered. "Yes." I slid my blazer off and it dropped to the ground. "Is it my turn now?" She asked. "No that's my job." I said. I backed her up against the wall and kissed her. I put my hands over hers, pinning them to the wall. I moved really close to her so our legs were intertwined and my waist was just above hers. I grabbed her sweater and moved my hands up the sleeves, her fingernails tracing circles on my arm. I moved farther up her sleeves and then retreated. Her fingers on my skin lingering. I put my hands on her bare stomach and she flinched. I moved my hands up to her chest but did not touch her out of respect, but slipped her sweater off. "Is that why you always give me sweaters to wear?" She whispered. I nodded. She smiled and kissed me. She moved her hands to my chest and started undoing the buttons. She slid the shirt off and I put my arms on the wall. I closed her in and she moved onto her tip toes. "Quick question." I whispered. She looked at me. "I know I already asked you this but, do y-"
"I don't know. The thought of it scares me. Especially since I'm not even like married to anybody." I backed away from her. "I could fix that." She smiled. "I know you could." She whispered. "You could fix anything." She slid down the wall and I sat next to her. "You really think that?" She nodded. "Yep. Because you haven't shown me otherwise." I smiled.

Sabrina's POV

"Well I'd be more than happy to keep it that way." He whispered. I am going to marry you someday. "You make me very happy." I said. He leaned in and kissed me. "You make me very happy as well."