25

Sabrina's POV

  How should I tell him? I mean we aren't breaking up I just think we need to talk. We aren't where we should be. "Hey you alright?" Peyton asked me. I had to. "Can we talk?" I whispered. He. Nodded and I stood up and pulled him away from the movie my family was watching. We sat in the kitchen. "What's going on?" He asked. I exhaled. "Ever since you got back, ive had this uneasy feeling in my stomach. About us." It was hard to say. Peyton nodded his head. "I just feel like we lost a year of our relationship. And that that year was important. Because now we are older. And we haven't done much." He looked at me wide eyed. "Not like that. Like us. Together. Nothing happened for a year. And its making it hard for me Peyton." I started to tear up. He wrapped his arms around me. "Hey it's okay. Look I know we missed out on a year but there are no guidelines. We don't have to do something by a certain time. We have time Sabrina."
I shook my head. "I feel older Peyton. I dont feel like a teenager anymore. And I feel like while you were away I grew up. And I did but I feel like an adult in this relationship and I don't want to." I whispered. He sighed. "So what do you want to do?" He asked. I dont know. I just wanted to tell you. "I don't know. I just wanted to tell you." I put my head in my hands. He sighed. "I lo-"
"And that's just it Peyton. I was 17 when I told you I loved you. 17. I probably didn't even know what love was." I said, cutting him off. "And now that you do? Do you love me?" He asked. Did i? Do I? I thought about it. "Do I even know what love is?" I asked him. He spun my chair and took my hands. "Sabrina love is when you wake up in the morning and the first thing you think about is that person. Love is when you can't stop thinking about that person, even if they are right in front of you. Love is when you miss that person Everytime they aren't in your arms, or by your side. Love is when you look at that person and can easily see you saying 'I do' at your wedding with them. Love is when you see them and think about how lucky you are to have them. Love is when you would take a bullet for that person in a heartbeat, even if in the end you don't have one. That's love. I know what it is Sabrina. Because every day I feel it. And everyday it gets stronger." I couldn't look at him. I couldn't look at him because I realized that I didn't love him.