26

Sabrina's POV

I closed my eyes and thought. After staring at the ceiling for so long I needed a change in scenery. Pitch black.

I thought I knew what love was. But apparently I didn't. And now he knows. He knows I don't love him. Now what? What do I do now? I took a huge step back. I looked at our relationship and just took another huge chunk out. We were being reduced to crumbs. I had to tell him right? Of course. Right? I wouldn't keep something like that to myself. I can't.

Peyton's POV

I took the small box out of my pocket. I brought it with me everywhere. Just in case. But now, now it goes in a box that goes with other stuff from Afghanistan.

I won't need it any time soon. I thought we were okay. I thought I thought I thought. I thought wrong. I love her so much. I really do. Of course we were young but that's what makes it better. We were so sure of each other. I knew at 18 that I wanted to marry her. That 5 years down the road I wanted to marry her. What's wrong with that?

I shut my eyes and went to bed. Maybe it will all be a dream.

------

Sabrina's POV

I woke up and started at the ceiling. My phone rang. It was Peyton.

Good morning.

Good morning.

It's nice to hear your voice.

Yours isnt so bad either.

Why do you not like my scruffy man voice?

I mean you sound like you smoke a few packs a day.

Cough cough. Who says I don't?

You better not.

As you wish my lady. Guess what?

What?

Today is Saturday.

Okay. That sounds fun. I do hate to admit it though but I had a sneaking suspicion that it was Saturday.

You mean I didn't surprise you?

Sorry Honey.

Well I guess I'll live.

I'm glad. I thought I lost you for a second.

Id never leave.

Id like to see you prom-

I promise.

Watch yourself.

I am. But guess what else today is?

Yes Peyton I know. It's Christmas Eve.

That's right. Isn't that great?

Just shut up and get over here.

Whos to say I'm not already here?

You're no-

Sabrina it's time for Christmas Eve breakfast.

Ha my mo-

"Sabrina time for Christmas Eve breakfast!"

I'll be right down.

I love you.

Yea yea.

I hung up and brushed my hair before walking downstairs. Peyton was sitting at the table talking to my dad. I sat down next to him and quickly gave him a kiss. "I have another Surprise." He whispered. He pointed to the floor. I looked down to see his Army duffle bag. "Wait what. You're leavi-"
"No open it up." I undid the zipper to see a ridiculously stupid lair of Christmas pajamas. "You aren't seriously going to wear those are you?" He shrugged. "Depends." He wiggled his eyebrows and I smiled.