30

**Mature Content***

Peyton's POV

I put on my dress shirt she liked and put on a black tie. I did my hair and walked downstairs. I grabbed a condom from my closet that we got in middle school and walked downstairs. "Have a good night." Mom  said. I gave her a hug. I shook my dad's hand slipping the condom in it. He looked at it. "Careful buddy." I said. He laughed. "Extra small. I love this kid." I grabbed my bag and my keys and got in my car.

I drove to Sabrina's house and parked in the driveway. I grabbed my bag and knocked on the door. Her dad answered. "Welcome Son." I walked in. "Thanks for having for having me." I said. I took my shoes off. "Oh uh Shannon's boyfriend is here too so you might have to sleep in Sabrina's room. Shannon's isn't a queen." I nodded. "Alright I'll stay clear." He smiled.

I walked upstairs into Sabrina's room and she was sitting in bed reading a book. "Now this is no way to spend New Years Eve." I said. She looked up and smiled. "Hey." I dropped my bag at the foot of her bed and sat down next to her. "Whats going in up there?" I asked. She sighed and closed her book. "Surprise!" I heard people yell. I quickly got up and peered out the doorway. mom and dad. I walked back to the bed. "Who was it?" She asked. I sat down next to her. "My parents. I guess they decided to come." She hit herself in the head with a book. "I want to die." She said. "Hey it'll be fine. Look let's go down stairs. Let's join the gang." We got up and she walked out and I followed. We walked downstairs. "Hey Peyton did you know your parents got home today?" Her dad asked. I sighed. "Yea. I saw them today." I said. I looked around for Sabrina and she was standing with Sarah. I sighed and put my hands in my pockets. "Well dinner is almost ready so it should be 10 minutes. Sarah do you want to set out two more seats?" Everyone dispersed and i walked over to Sabrina. "Uh I'll be right back." She said quietly. I turned around to see her quickly run upstairs. I put my head in hand. I walked over to them. "I know you're here to get back at me but why did you agree?" I asked mom. "We want to talk to S-"
"No." I said. My dad shook his head. He took his hand out of his pocket and grabbed mine. "This might be a little big but it should work." I opened my hand to see the condom I gave him. He walked away to the kitchen and I looked at Mom. "Help me." I said. I heard footsteps on the stairs and I turned to see Sabrina. She looked at my hand and her eyes went wide. "Peyton." She said. I scrunched my hand up and gave it to mom. "Tell Rob he's pissing me the fricking heck off." I said. "Peyton. Watch it." Sabrina walked back up the stairs and I followed.  I walked into her room. "Why do you have that?!" She was upset. "Peyton seriously I'm really embarrassed and you're not helping." A few tears rolled down her cheeks. I put my hands in my pockets and looked to the floor. "You weren't the one barely wearing anything when your parents walked in and had to hide in the couch because I've never done that before. Like seriously Peyton!" She yelled. "Keep it down." I said using my hand to gesture. I was still staring at the floor. "You know what I don't really want to see you right now." She rushed past me and went downstairs. I was getting too angry. I punched the wall and grabbed my hand in pain. I sat down against the wall and put my head in my hands. I saw feet at the door frame and I hoped it was Sabrina. It was mom. "Sabrina came downstairs pretty mad." She said. "Yea no duh." She sighed. "Peyton-"
"All I ask is that you be empathetic and considerate people. But no. She can barely function she's so embarrassed and you don't really seem to care." I said angry. "Peyton I was Sabrina. When i was younger and not with your father the same thing happened. I mean not as bad, I was wearing clothes, but I know." I stood up. "She's taking it out in me. So thanks." I walked her downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and helped her mom set up the food. "He'll be a good husband someday." Dad said. I put some of the stuff on the table. "Yea. We got lucky kids." Sabrina's father said. "Thank you Peyton." Her mom said. "No problem." I said. Her mom called everyone to dinner and we sat down. I sat next to Sabrina, who was in the middle of the table next to Sarah. "Well it's been a year. And a good one at that. We welcome home Peyton, who was serving in Afghanistan for a year. And our newest adult Sabrina. Next year we hope to toast their engagement. Happy New Years." Her father said. We all raised our glasses and cheers.