20

Sabrina's POV

  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I heard as I walked into the room. My family along with my friends and Peyton's parents were there. I smiled and went around hugging everyone. "Thanks mom." I said as I got to her. "No problem. We are glad you like it." I smiled and saw Mr. and Mrs. Meyer. I walked over and they smiled. "Happy birthday sweetie." She said I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you." I said. "Happy birthday kiddo. Now as much as you love me I think you love this guy" he pulled out a letter. "a little more. So here ya go." I smiled and hugged him. "Thanks." They walked over to my parents and I looked at the letter. It had something inside of it. I decided to open it layer and I put it in my bag with his hat. I walked over and we all had a good time.

Peyton's POV

  I woke up to the trumpet and quickly checked my pocket for the picture. Today was her birthday. I sent a letter out a few weeks ago, in hopes that it wold get there in time. Happy birthday my love. I put the picture back in my pocket and began today's work.

Sabrina's POV

  Once everyone had left I took out his letter. I opened it and a dog tag fell out. I looked at it to see that his name and other information was stamped on it. I smiled and put it around my neck. I opened the letter and read it.

Happy birthday my love. I wish I was there to see you as the beautiful adult ive known you to be. I hope your birthday is as good as last years. I love you. -Peyton

I smiled and held the note to my chest. I turned the paper over to see more writing.

You stole my hat. You stole my heart. I might as well give you my dog tag.

I smiled and got up. I went upstairs and put the letter in my room. Ive only been inside the past month. I miss you. I grabbed a piece of tape and added it to my wall. I stood back to see pictures of us, and letters he wrote to me. The rose from vacation, I was thankful it was fake. I smiled and laid down, careful not to disturb where he laid all those months ago. Come home soon. 

Peyton's POV

I watched the sunset. I thought of you the whole time. I love you so much. I will see you soon. I promise. I promise. I promise.

"GROUP 3 DEPLOYMENT IN 20 MINUTES!!!" He yelled. I got up and got ready to go. I will come back.

Sabrina's POV

  6 months. 6 more months. Half gone. Half to go. I'll see you in December. I will see you. I want to.

Peyton's POV

  6 months. 6 more months. I had 6 more months left. But now. I might have none. I might die here. I'm going to lose Sabr......

Corey's POV

  She is so happy. I like her like this. Rowan does to. We both stare at her proudly. She is getting through this. In 5 months he will be back. She just has to wit five months. She did it for 7 already.

Sabrina's POV

"And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong
Together we can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight"
I let the keyboard ring out and I wiped away my tears.
Come home. Please. I can't do this anymore.

Peyton's POV

  I limped around the base, watching as my group got ready to go. "Good luck Jay." I said. He smiled. "Thanks man. Did your girl ever get that letter?" He asked. I shrugged. "No idea. I hope so though." He smiled and patted me on the shoulder. "Stay safe Jay." I said. "I will." He said. I walked off and watched as they left. I'll be home soon baby. I promise.

Sabrina's POV

4 months. 4 months until you come home. I miss you. I miss your smile. Your kisses. Your hugs. Your laugh. Your voice. Your smell. You. I love you.