33

Peyton's POV

There was a knock on the door and I our down my cards. "Come in." I called. Mom walked in. "Did you kids want dinner?" She asked. I looked at Sabrina. "Let us finish our game first." I said. She nodded and walked out. "Alright. I win." I said. I laid out my hand and showed her. She threw down her cards. "Every time." She said.  I laughed and we counted our points. "160." I said. "-120." She said. I laughed. "So that means I have 1320. And you have... 120. Good game Carpenter. Maybe stick to building houses." I teased. She slapped my arm and we walked downstairs. "What's for dinner?" I asked. "Chicken and rice. Have a seat." We all sat down at the table and dad put everything on our plates. "So what were you guys doing up there?" He asked. I swallowed my food and replied. "Napped and played cards." He looked at Sabrina. "Is this any good?" He asked her. She nodded. "Very good. We don't eat this at home." She said. "Thank you for having me." Mom smiled. "Thank you for coming. Feel free to stay as long as you like." She said. Sabrina nodded. "So how are your parents?" She asked. "Mo-"
"No it's fine." Sabrina said cutting me off. "They are just concerned. It's uh, not quite the same at home. It's nice to... get away." She said shaky. "Uh I wanted to apologize about th-" Mom cut her off. "Don't. I was you before. Not the best feeling." My dad stared at Mom. "What? When was this?" Mom laughed. "Before you Hunny. It was embarrassing to get caught. But I just admit he knew what he-"
"Okay. That's great hunny." He said. I laughed. "You never did anything did you?" I asked. "Well one time I was at a drive-in theater with some girl and we got caught by one if the workers when he came to ask if we wanted a refill on our popcorn." My mom looked surprised. "What did you get caught doing?" She asked. "We were kissing. A lot. I didn't have a shirt on and had lipstick all over my face." Sabrina choked on her water and laughed. I patted her back. "How is that funny to you? When I got home my parents looked at me with their jaws on the floor." I laughed too. "I'm sorry but all over your face?" She asked. "Yep. Even the eyelids. My face was a chick magnet." He said. "Was." Mom said. We were all laughing.

We finished dinner and Sabrina and I started cleaning up. I handed her the utensils and she started washing them. "Owe." She said. I walked over. "What happened?" I looked in the sink and one of the knives sliced her finger. She was bleeding out into the sink. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Just hurts a little. Do you have any band aids?" She asked. I nodded and grabbed some off of the shelf. She let all the blood run out and put it on. "Geez you're pale. Bandaids are suppose to blend in with your skin." I said. She slapped my arm. "Shut up." I laughed and we finished the dishes.

We went back upstairs and flopped down on the bed. "Are you staying?" I asked. She shrugged. "Please do." She smiled. "I don't know if my parents want me home." She said. "You said it yourself. Sometimes it's nice to just get away." She sighed. I leaned in and kissed her. "I'll convince you to." I said. She looked up at me. "How?" I kissed her again and she kissed me back. "One kiss ain't gonna do nothing." She said. I smiled. "Oh please like I was gonna stop there." She laid down and I leaned down and kissed her. She went under my shirt and pulled me a little closer. "Maybe." She said. I smiled. I straddled her and kissed her again. She got up on her elbows. I leaned down and put my hands on both sides of her and she flinched. "Your hands are cold." She whispered. "Your body is hot." She laughed. "I meant temperature. But both apply." I said. "Yea okay." She kissed me again. "Oh it's true and you know it." I said. She looked at me. "I think not." She said. "Well I'll have to double check for the both of us." I pulled her shirt off and tossed it aside.  "I feel like you see me without a shirt way more than with one." She whispered. "Well good thing I always like what I see." I replied. I put my hands down and kissed her. I slid my knees down a little and our chests were touching. She put her hands under my shirt and rested them on my back. Her pants slid down a little and I decided to slip them off. "I wouldn't recommend." She whispered. I slid my knees up taking the pants with me, resting them back on her hips. She slid my shirt off and I flipped us over. Her hands were resting right beside mine. I smirked and pulled them out from under her and she fell on top of me. She shrieked and I shushed her while laughing. "Everything alright up there?!" Mom yelled. "Yes. Everything's fine." I called back. I looked at Sabrina who resting on my chest. She leaned forward and kissed me. I flipped us over and looked down at her. "Maybe we will stay this way." I said. She nodded. I put my arms under her and pulled her close. I put my hands under her bra and slid around to her side. She flinched. She intertwined our legs I moved down closer to her. "I mean I guess I could stay." She whispered. I smiled. "That is great. Anything convince you?" I asked. She shrugged. She got onto her elbows. "Not really." I smiled. She looked into my eyes and smiled. "You're too good to me." I whispered. I fell down beside her and pulled her close to me. I closed my eyes and we fell asleep.

I woke up to something wet on my arm, wrapped around Sabrina's torso. I carefully pulled my arm out and saw blood streaked along it. I shot up and woke Sabrina up. She sat up and looked at her arm. Her cuts had opened up and were bleeding out a lot. "Oh no no no." She said. She looked at the sheets and quickly stood up. "I'm so sorry." I sighed. "Don't worry about it. Let's just clean it up.  Maybe you should go wash yourself off." She nodded and walked off to the bathroom. I stripped the bed and quickly threw them in the wash. I put new sheets on and looked at the time. 4:30. Sabrina walked back into the room and quickly put on a sweater. "Are you alright can I see?" I asked. "No no it's fine." She said. I looked at her suspiciously. "Let me check." I walked over and she pulled her sleeve up. I pretended not to notice that once of her cuts was far newer than the others. "At least you're okay. Come on lets go back to sleep." We crawled back into bed and she turned to face me. I kissed her forehead and we fell asleep.

The sun was up the next time I woke up and there was no blood. Sabrina wasn't in the room. I sat up and looked around. Gone. I put a shirt on and walked downstairs. I heard talking from the kitchen and walked  to see Sabrina sitting on the counter talking to my mom. "Oh honey he loves you so much. Don't worry about him." I hid behind the wall. "I really like him. I just messed everything up." I frowned. "Honey as far as I'm concerned he still has his sights set on marrying you." I do. "Really?" I smiled a mile wide. "Of course. Honey you are the light of his life. Even though you aren't shining bright right now you are still his number one."
"I just don't know what to do. A few days ago everything was... good. Now he won't stop apologizing and it hurts. That he thinks that it's his fault. He's just so protective of me. Trying to protect me from... Me."
"He does that because he doesn't want you to be hurt or sad. I've seen him with other girls. Now I don't know how you feel about long term but I know that he thinks you are the one."
"I just don't know. If he leaves again I won't be able to do it." She said.
"He won't. He is staying here, he did his part. Look I know you two mess around with each other. Whether it be here or not. I just don't want him or you to be stupid. You really need to look at him and ask yourself if you love him or if you are infatuated with him."
"Well what's the big difference?"
"Infatuation is thinking that they are perfect, Love is knowing that they are not perfect but loving them anyways."
"He knows I'm not perfect. I'm so far from it."
"But do you know that hes not perfect?"
"I- I. I tell him he is. But I know hes not."
"He's pretty close though."
"Yea. He is."
"He sticks up for you no matter what. He was yelling at his dad for quite a while on New Year's Eve."
"I'm really sorry about that."
"Honey it's not a problem. Mark my words when I say that boy wants to move a little fast. He was ready to propose right after he got home."
"Seriously?"
"Yes. And as much as I would love to have you as a daughter, I'm glad he waited."
"But if he hadn't, maybe all of this wouldn't have happened."
"That's true honey. But everything happens for a reason."
I walked into the kitchen and Sabrina looked up at me. "Eavesdropper." She said. Mom turned around. "I was-"
"Yes you were. I would've heard you coming before." I smiled. "Caught." I went in between her legs and kissed her. "Maybe next time don't eavesdrop."
"Maybe next time ill just join the conversation."
"Yea okay." I slid my arms under her sweater and stole some of her body heat. "You're freezing." She said. "I know. I'm trying to warm up here."
Mom looked over.

Sabrina's POV

Peyton's mom looked over at him. "Peyton..." He removed his arms from my sweater. He climbed up beside me and I sat on top of him. He brought his arms around and up my sweater but his mom didn't notice. "You guys look like a cliche 16 year old teenage couple." She said. I smiled. He moved his hands up and rested them on my side. I shuddered. "I'm not that cold am I?" He asked. "You are Jack Frost himself." He laughed. He moved his hands underneath the side of my bra and they were warmer. He slid back on the counter more and he went cross legged. I did the same on top of him. He kissed the back of my neck. "So when is breakfast ready?" He said. "15 minutes." He started kissing my neck again and we heard his dad walk down the stairs. He held me tighter and rubbed his thumb on my side, very close to my chest. I flinched. "Good morning gang." His dad said. He grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. "Peyton." I whispered. He stopped. He moved his hands away a little bit and put his head on my shoulder. He rubbed my side and his arms moved across my chest. "Peyton buddy, may I ask where your arms are?" His dad asked. "I'm warming myself up." He said. He tickled my side and I squirmed. "Peyton." I said. He accidentally moved his hands onto my chest and he stopped. He held his arm right below and kissed my cheek. "At least have dignity I can see where your arms are." His dad said. "Why didnt you wear a bigger sweater?" He asked. "Well why aren't you bigger?" He hooked his thumb on my bra and shrugged. "I've tried putting on weight but my abs refuse to leave." He joked. "What abs?" I asked. "Oh come on you've seen them." He tickled me.  "No honey those are rolls." He laughed. "Okay. Whatever you say." He hugged me tight and I felt happy.