21

Sabrina's POV

  Just a few more months. And he's home. Just a few more months and he is back in my arms. I can't wait.

Peyton's POV

"You ready?" Jay asked. I nodded. I fully recovered from my injury and we were going out today. We got into the truck and everyone was silent as we drove. Once we were as far as we could go we all gor out and walked on foot. I could feel the picture in my pocket. It was starting to wear. We saw our target and began rushing around. All of a sudden there were gunshots. They saw us. We scattered and hid behind the boulders. I turned around to see that Jay wasn't there. "Jay!" I screamed I turned around to see him on the ground. Despite the risk I dropped my gun and ran. I grabbed him and stood up. I threw him on my back and ran backwards to the rock. All of a sudden a bullet hit my chest. And my arm. And my leg. I fell and dropped Jay behind the rock.

Sabrina's POV

I smiled and the movie ended. "Corey and I were spending a lot of time together during the summer. But now that it was so close to ending we wanted to take advantage of it. We all walked out of the theatre and grabbed dinner. I can't wait until Peyton can join us.

I got home and went upstairs to sleep. "Goodnight mom, good night dad." I said. They smiled. "Good night sweetie." They said. I got into bed and shut the light off. It was a great day.

I woke up and went downstairs and had breakfast. Everyone was smiling and it just brought my mood up. I woke up during the night with a bad feeling in my stomach. But now it's gone. Everything is okay.

Jay's POV

I stood over him and looked at him. He saved my life. I'm here. I'm alive. Because of him. I'm so sorry Sabrina.

Peyton's POV

Everything is dark right now.

Sabrina's POV

Only two months. I get to see you in two months. I miss you. I love you.

Jay's POV

"Oh come on Jay. Let that go!" He said laughing. "No. Because id be dead. I owe it to you." Peyton smiled. "Well if you want to make it up to me you can get me water." He said. I looked at him and smiled. Went from unmovable to only having a crutch for his leg. Fighter. I got up and grabbed his water bottle and tossed it to him. "Okay so you are telling me that no one at home knows?" I asked. He nodded. "They don't need to. I'm here and alive. I'm all good. There aren't even scars on my chest and arm." He said. It was true. I mean they were so small and close to his skin tone. His family wouldn't know unless they looked right at them. He is lucky. "Thanks again Peyton." I said. He nodded. "Anytime. Not really but you know." I smiled. "So did you get it?" I asked him. He nodded. He pulled out the box and showed me. "Wow. How much?" He smiled. "A couple grand. But it was worth it." I looked at him in awe. "You are committed." I said. He nodded. "Well hopefully I can take it home." He said. I knew what he meant. "You will. You know Sabrina is really lucky." I said. He shook his head. "She's not lucky i am." I smiled. "Whatever you say bro." I put my hands up in surrender and he laughed. She probably misses that.

Sabrina's POV

One more month. I can't wait to see him. I have been waiting so long. But he is finally coming home.

I walked onto set and went straight to my dressing room to change. We were filming today. I quickly changed and went to the set and walked over to Corey and Rowan. "Good morning Sabrina." Corey said. I smiled. "Good morning." We walked to the meeting room and got the day started.

Peyton's POV

I walked around the base and watched as all the soldiers scurried around. I still wasn't allowed in the field. I was probably done in the field all together. There os only more month left anyways and we are focused more on training. I felt someone kick my crutch and I turned around to see Jay. "Really?" I asked. He shrugged. "You must be so bored. You can't do anything." He said. We fell in line with each other and started walking. "No its nice just to watch people. I mean not on a military camp all the time but it's what I got." He smiled. "I can't wait until you get to go home." He said. "Why is that?" I asked. "Because you probably want to see her. And I want to see her too. That picture in your pocket only shows the back of her head. I'm sure her face is somewhat better." He said. "That's true. Her face is better. But she won't be at the airport." I said. "Why not?"  He asked. "Because she will be at work. So I let her work and I'll go home." He looked at me weird. "What is wrong with you?" He said. "What?"
"You going home to see her waiting for you is one of the best feelings in the world. You know she's been waiting for a year. She still cares. And your lucky because then you know you can do it." I nodded. "Your right. But still I dont want to take away from her work." He nodded. "Alright i see. Well let's get to bed then." I nodded and we walked to our tent.

Sabrina's POV
I got home and went straight to bed. I was exhausted. Too much work for me today.

Peyton's POV
I woke up to see Jay standing over me. "Happy birthday Peyton." He said. I got up and laughed. He handed me a box. I opened it to see a picture of us the day before we went into combat. "Thanks Jay. Means a lot to me." I said. He nodded and we got ready.

Sabrina's POV

Happy birthday Peyton. See you soon.