34

Sabrina's POV

We ate breakfast and Peyton's parents decided to go out for a bit so it was just me and him. "So, what would you like to do?" He asked. I put the last plate in the dishwasher and looked over at him. "I don't know what do you want to do?" He walked over and wrapped me in a hug. I lifted my head and kissed him. "That's what you want to do?" He asked. I smiled. He kissed me back. "I feel like we do this too much." I said. "We do. But it never gets old." I backed up to the counter and he put his hands on both sides of me, hooking his thumbs on the edges of my sweater. "If your parents walk through the door, i will not be very happy." I whispered. "Good thing they aren't." He said. He moved closer to me and kissed me. He wrapped his arms around me underneath the sweater and I placed my hands on the counter, lifting myself onto my tippy toes. The back door opened but I didn't notice. Both of us didn't. He slipped off my sweater leaving me in a sports bra on top. The sweater rested behind me and I will back down onto my feet. "Well it's better than last time." His mom said. I stopped kissing him and rested my head on his shoulder. "You jinxed it." He whispered. "Yea. I think I did." I whispered back. "Your dad forgot his wallet." His mom said walking into the kitchen. "Careful with her." She said before walking back out the door. I looked back to Peyton. "How fun." I said. He smiled. "We can pick it up later." He said. I smiled. "I should go shower. I'll be right back." He kissed my head and walked upstairs. I waited a minute before walking downstairs and grabbing his gloves. I put one on and slid the other one one, lightly attaching the Velcro. I walked over to the bag and started hitting it, each time harder remembering all the bad things going on.

Peyton's POV

I walked downstairs in a pair of basketball shorts and went to grab a shirt when I heard something in the basement. I walked down to see that Sabrina had slipped on my gloves and was taking a wack at the bag. She was all red and focused. I went upstairs and grabbed her a bottle of water and slowly walked down. She was attacking the bag and I was impressed. She took a final swing and then let her arms hang. She slipped off a glove and then undid the second one letting them fall to the floor. "I have to admit, that was attractive." I said. She looked up and turned around. "Oh yea?" She said. I tossed her the bottle and she drank half of it. I walked towards her. "Oh yes." She smiled. "Where's your shirt?" She asked. She grabbed my sweater that she was wearing earlier and wiped her face. "Where's yours?" I asked. "Touche." I smiled and grabbed her hand intertwining our fingers.  I held it in the air and she threw the sweater back in the couch. "You're pretty cute." I said. She looked down. "You've gotta quit saying stuff like that." She whispered. "It's my job." I said. I noticed that the speakers downstairs had turned on and was starting to play music. Every day dad would come down and run on the treadmill and he set a timer. Her cheeks were going back to their original colour and she had returned to normal breathing. "Did I ever tell you how lucky I am to ha-" She cut me off by kissing me. I moved our hands down and kissed her back. "Shut up." She said. I smiled. "Only if you do that again." She smiled and pecked my lips. I pulled her closer by her back and held her. "I like us." I whispered. "So do I." She whispered back. I hugged her tight and he rested her head on my chest. "I love you so much." I said. "My mom was right."
"About what?" She asked. "Sabrina AnnLynn Carpenter, someday I will marry you." I said. I could feel her heart racing. "I promise." I whispered softly. She didn't say anything. I could feel her heart beating extra fast and I held her tight. "You can't say stuff like that." She whispered. "Why not?"
"Because you could be getting my hopes up." I felt a little disappointed in the fact that she thought we might not last. "I don't want to get your hopes up." I whispered.

Sabrina's POV

Why does he even like me? Why does he even love me? Why is he promising me a future when there could be another girl that he falls for. He could break up with me and move on. So why make me a promise?

We all sat down on the couch and put on a movie. Peyton and I sat down on the couch and his parents took the chair. We turned the lights out and started watching the movie. I intertwined our legs and Peyton wrapped his arms around me under the blanket. He was nice and warm. He slid his hands under my sweater and carefully started sliding it off. He slid it off my head and wrapped his arms around me. We watched the movie and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up with the sun in my eyes. I was sweating and opened my eyes. I was on the couch. I felt hot air on my neck and realized it was someone breathing. I turned around and came face to face to Peyton. He was still sleeping. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into his chest. I moved as close as possible to him, sliding my hips closer. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift off to sleep.

I woke up and we were as close as physically possible to each other. I opened my eyes and moved my cheek along his shirt. "Good morning." He whispered. I looked up at him. "Good morning." I whispered. He looked at me and smiled. "You know you're really close to me." He whispered. I looked down and saw that everything below our stomach was together. "Sorry." I said. He smiled. "Nah. Don't be." He whispered. I leaned in to kiss him. "Well you two are awake so how about breakfast?" His mom said. I stopped and backed away. "Come on let's go." I turned to see his dad on the chair. I started to lift the blanket but noticed I wasn't wearing my sweater. "Uh where is my sweater?" I whispered over my shoulder. He sat up and looked around. He reached over the couch and grabbed it. "Come on kids let's eat." His dad got up and pulled the blanket away. I quickly moved the sweater to try and cover myself but it didn't work. "You two can't stop can you?" He asked. "We didn't do anything. She slipped it off because she was hot last night." Peyton explained. I slipped it on and sat up, moving my hair from under the sweater. "Yea. You two looked like a knotted rope. All twisted up... And all intertwined..." He trailed off. I sighed. "Sorry Sir." I said. Peyton climbed off the couch and gave me his hand. I hopped up into his arms. We walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table.