.:The Sorting Hat:.

Welcome to my first book! This is part of my seven book series, and I hope you enjoy them! (the .: :. around the title means it has been edited) ~Maddie

.......... Reader's Point of View ..........

   Once I had arrived at station nine and three quarters with my parents, I instantly felt excitement rushing through my body. It's finally my first year of Hogwarts! YES! I can't wait to be sorted into my house.

   I'm was a half-blood, if you actually care to know that; my mom was a muggle-born and my dad was a pure-blood. I myself don't really care, but I suppose other people do? I have no idea. I've always thought that pure-bloods and Muggle-borns were equal, but then again... Others are strange and need to sort out their priorities.

   Also, I'm not really sure if it matters but I have (h/l), (h/c) hair, and (e/c) eyes... Yeah. I hope that sounds good or something?

   I waved good bye to my parents before entering the Hogwarts Express. I looked around until I found an empty compartment and sat down, grabbing my favourite book and started to read until the train moved. When it did start to move, I put my book down... I've gotten really sick from trying to concentrate on doing things in moving... things.

   Suddenly, two boys entered the compartment (but, of course, after knocking). One of them had a LOT of freckles and red hair, and the other had really green eyes and black hair.

   "Can we sit here...? All of the other compartments are full..." the black haired boy asks, gesturing to the empty seats around me. I know he didn't mean to but he didn't have to remind me I have no friends right now??

   "Sure!" I say (kind of) enthusiastically, before shooting over to make more room in case they wanted to sit next to each other on my side (which was obviously not the case, but I was still practically laying on the seats before they had come in so...).

   "Oh! By the way, I'm Harry Potter." the black haired boy adds before sitting down next to me, "And this is Ron Weasley." he pointed to the red-haired boy. Ron nods his head in acknowledgement to me before sitting across from me.

   "Uh... Nice to meet you two. I'm (y/n) (l/n)." I replied to the two of them as the trolley witch practically poof-ed out of nowhere and in front of the door.

   "Anything from the trolley, dears?", the old woman asked politely.

   "No, I'm all set..." said Ron, holding up a package - was that a sandwich? - and looking a little disappointed. Harry looked at Ron noticing the sad look on his face and frowned.

   "We'll take the lot," said Harry after a moment, pulling a dozen or so galleons out of his pocket. Where the heck did he get those?!

   "Whoa..." said Ron in amazement. A little while later we were sitting around and talking about things that came to mind, just like we had known each other the whole time. Harry spit out a Bertie Botts every flavoured bean when Ron told him that his brother had eaten a booger flavoured bean once. I laughed and Harry grabbed a chocolate frog instead.

   "Is it a real frog?" he asked, ripping open the box without looking at it, attention directed towards Ron.

   "No, just a spell. It's the card you really want, though." replied Ron as he shoved some gummy candy into his mouth, "I have at least 150 of them."

   Harry looked into the box that held the chocolate frog and the frog jumped out of it and clung to the window. It hesitated before jumping outside. That's going to melt pretty soon...

   "Careful, mate! They can be a bit slippery, I suppose..." Ron said as Harry looked at the card that had been underneath the frog.

   "I got Dumbledore!" he exclaimed, excited. I only grinned and Ron answered: