Flying

.......... Reader's Point of View ..........

I woke up from my sleep, got dressed into my robes and then went downstairs to the common room. When I walked down the stairs I found that Harry, Ron and Hermione were already there and were about to walk out of the common room. I called to them and Harry turned around and smiled at me. Hermione and Ron stopped to turn around as well only to see me making my way towards them. They gave a faint smile and waited for me to join them.

"Can I join you three?", I asked hoping they would say yes.

"Yes!! Why do you think we were waiting for you?", Ron joked and laughed.

"Well, when I came you were half way out the door.", I stated.

"True...", Ron said, sighing in defeat.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!", I say before grabbing the three of them and taking them out of the common room with me. Harry slightly flinched when I grabbed him, but slowly relaxed. I tried to pretend I hadn't noticed this, but it wasn't as easy as it seemed. When we got to the Great Hall, there were several other people as well; including the white blond haired boy known as Draco Malfoy. Me and Harry sat next to each other and Hermione and Ron sat on the other side of the table. When Malfoy noticed we had come in, he sneered and walked over to us.

"So, Potter, you got yourself a girlfriend?", Malfoy asked. Harry blushed slightly and looked away from everyone so nobody would see. I started to just stare at my plate.

"I'll take that as a yes. Wait until everyone hears about this. 'Oh! Potter got himself a girlfriend already!!!'", he said mocking Harry. Harry started to get angry. I could tell by the look in his eyes. He stood up to face Draco.

"She's not my girlfriend!! And just to say Pansy doesn't mean anything to you!!", Harry half whispered in anger. Malfoy flushed a bit red at the comment.

"P-Pansy isn't part of this...!!", Malfoy stuttered. Harry sat back down with a victorious smile on his face. Hermione and Ron kept silent; not wanting any part of this either. I started to feel a bit sad after Harry said that. I don't know why, but it kind of hurt me a bit. Does he not like me? Wait, why am I thinking like this? I decided to drop the subject for now. Malfoy walked away and Harry and I just sat there next to each other awkwardly. When mail came, Neville got a remembrall from his grandmother, Hermione got a few new quills and bottles of ink (not saying she needed them), Ron got some Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes (whatever that stuff was), Harry got... nothing, and I got a letter from my parents. It said:

Dear (y/n),

   We miss you!! How are the classes going? Made any new friends? We packed you a (f/c) dress (just in case). Please come visit in the holidays!

   -Mom and Dad

   "Oh!! I almost forgot!! I need to go get my Potions textbook!!", Hermione said suddenly, jumping up out of her seat.

"Why would you need the Potions textbook now? We have flying lessons today!! Potions is tomorrow!!", I say confused.

"Well, I always want to be prepared!!", Hermione said before sprinting off out of the Great Hall. Ron figured out what Hermione was trying to do as well so he slowly stood up.

"I need to get something too...", Ron said before running after Hermione. I rolled my eyes. Great, I'm stuck with Harry and Malfoy. I hope they don't start fighting with each other...

Me and Harry ate in silence before getting up and going to the common room to get ready for our very first class, which was... FLYING!! I couldn't wait to get on a broom and learn to fly. I think Harry wanted to too.