[1] Brian May Imagine 1

Imagine you were at work in your little tea and coffee stand on one of the busier parts of London. Even though the streets around your little hut were bustling, hardly anyone stopped or acknowledged you. You had decided you might as well sit down and read, hoping that would make time pass faster, and only lifted your head if one of the quickly passing shadows in the corner of your eye came to a stop and had a closer look at the delicious pastries you offered along with the mandatory tea and coffee. 

With only a few small interruptions you had managed to get about halfway through your book before a loud crash almost made you fall off your chair out of shock. You didn't quite realise what was happening, but you did notice that your before so neatly stacked towers of paper cups were about to collapse onto a floor that was somehow now covered in a mess of small chocolates. 

With a loud "No!" and probably a look of horror on your face you jumped up and tried to keep the cups in place, but in vain. Before you even reached them, they had tumbled to the floor and now formed a small hill. You looked at the mess on the floor and sighed before you looked up. 

You were face to face with a distraught looking young man. He seemed just as confused as you, and on top of that very embarrassed. The guitar bag he had strapped over his shoulder was falling down and his messy brown curls that framed his now red face were sticking off in every direction. 

"Oh god.. I'm so sorry, Miss, I just wanted to see what it was and then my guitar fell down and then... I'm so sorry." You could hear the distress in his voice. 

"It's all right, Sir," you replied with a little sigh and bent down to pick up the cups again. 

After you had put some of them back, you noticed he was still standing in the same place, chewing nervously on his lip while trying to fix his hair a little. You watched him, a little amused by the way his face would scrunch up slightly when his fingers got stuck in his mass of curls. You smiled to yourself before you realised what you were doing and cleared your throat, trying to keep up the professional façade. "Uhm, sorry, can I get you anything?" 

He looked at you, still blushing. "Yes.. could I get some tea, please? A-And a chocolate muffin.." 

You nodded with a small smile and started to make the tea, before you handed him his cupcake and took the money. 

"I'm really sorry about making a mess.. I hope I didn't break anything." 

You smiled reassuringly. "You didn't, don't worry. At least that gives me something to do," you chuckled softly. 

He smiled timidly and looked through his bag. "Here," He handed you something. 

Curiously you looked at what he gave you. One of the papers seemed to be a concert ticket but the other you couldn't really figure out. 

"I hope you don't have any plans for tonight. My band is playing there tonight." He pointed to the concert hall down the road. "And I want to invite you to make up for my clumsiness." 

You smiled at him. "Really? Thank you so much." 

He returned the smile. "I don't know if you're a fan of us, but there's also a backstage pass, so you can meet the others too, after the concert if you want." 

You smiled wider. "Really? Oh thank you, that sounds great, I'm really looking forward." 

He smiled back and looked at his watch. "Oh, I'm sorry, I have to hurry, I'm already running late." He quickly grabbed his things. "See you later!" 

Before you could answer, he had already disappeared. You chuckled and continued to tidy your stand, when you realised you didn't know who you'd be seeing later that night. Excited, you got out the ticket and widened your eyes a little when you read QUEEN in fancy letters. You sat down on your chair and got out the backstage pass too, not quite able to believe that Brian May just invited you to a concert. You finished tidying and hoped the rest of the day would pass quickly, so it wouldn't be too long before you could see him again.