[44] Roger Taylor Imagine 12 Part 1

It was that time of the day again. Lunch time. That was definitely the worst time of the day, I didn't have to think long about that. But I could never escape it, so I tried to make it as least awful as possible. I hurried to pick up my tray of food in the cafeteria, choosing the first things I could see so I'd be done quickly and could sit down at the table farthest back, alone as always. My friends never ate in the cafeteria, but my parents forced me to. They didn't want me to spend their hard-earned money on junk food as they said, even though the cafeteria food definitely qualified as junk food too. But of course they didn't believe me that, and whenever I tried to argue with them that didn't end very well for me, it just meant I'd be grounded for at least a week which was never fun.

So I just sucked it up and forced myself to go through this torture every single day. There was no way I'd be telling my parents about the actual reason I didn't want to eat in the cafeteria, because they'd either not take me seriously or make a huge deal of it and if you've ever gone to school you know that neither of these alternatives was good. So I suffered in silence.

I had just taken a seat in the chair I had chosen when I could see the blond incarnation of the devil - aka Roger Taylor - entering the cafeteria, surrounded by his little demons. Actually they were all just guys in the same year as me, but the way they behaved you could easily think they came straight from hell.

As every day I had hope that they might not see me, but as every day that hope was disappointed. When I met the blond devil's eyes, I could see a smirk forming on his face. Oh great. Immediately he turned around and whispered something to his friends. I knew that if I kept staring he'd just make even more stupid comments so I focussed on my plate. How interesting that was.

I didn't even dare to look up when I could see someone casting a shadow onto the table I was sitting at. Chances were it was just a random passerby. ... Actually not really. I knew it was him, but I knew that if I looked up it would be the start of something terrible.

However, I should also have known that he wouldn't be happy with not getting any attention from me.

"Are you always this ignorant to your surroundings?"

The sound of his voice alone was enough to worsen my mood. Slowly I lifted my head - because what choice did I have - and tried to keep my expression as unreadable as possible. "Only if my surroundings consist of someone annoying like you."

He widened his eyes and gasped, pointing at me. "She speaks! Who would have thought that?!"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I looked back at my plate. He really wasn't worth wasting time or breath on. I had no idea how it was physically possible for someone to be this annoying.

"Why don't you come join us at our table? I'm sure we could have some fun together," he suggested. I didn't have to look at him to know that he was smirking.

Where were the surpervising teachers that you normally couldn't escape? Of course the one time they would have been useful they weren't there. I decided not replying him would be the best thing to do, hopefully he'd get the message.

But... of course he didn't. "Don't you know that ignoring someone is a rude thing to do? I wonder who taught you manners - or rather didn't teach you manners."

I lifted my head to reply, but before I opened my mouth I changed my mind again. I didn't need to waste my breath on him. And didn't they say that if you ignored someone eventually they'd have to catch on? That had to be true for him too.

However, it wasn't. Far from it. The more I didn't pay attention to him the more annoying he seemed to be getting. I ignored his comments and attempts to get my attention as long as it was possible, but at some point he really crossed the line. After about ten minutes of me simply ignoring him he reached for my waterbottle, in all calmness unscrewed the lid and then poured it over me. Yes. He actually did that, in the cafeteria, in front of most of the school.