[55] Brian May Imagine - The Sixth Date 4

The busride didn't take much longer and luckily this time Brian announced a little bit earlier that we'd have to get off so we could get up and go to the lower floor a bit slower and less hectic.

After we had gotten off, Brian reached for my hand again, making sure I stayed close to him which was something I didn't mind at all.

"Okay, so basically we just have to turn right there and then walk for five minutes, I hope that's okay."

"Of course it is," I said a little amused. "What would you do if I said no?" I was genuinely curious about that.

Brian chuckled a little. "Uhm... well, I guess I'd get us a taxi because... well, if you don't want to walk I have to get to home somehow."

"You could also carry me," I teased, making him laugh softly.

"I could carry you... at least I hope I could, I'm not sure about my physical abilities." He stopped and looked at me curiously. "Do you want me to carry you?"

I raised my eyebrows surprised because I hadn't expected him to ask that. "Uhm..." I wasn't entirely sure what I should reply, but I was curious what he would do. "That could be fun, don't you think?"

He chuckled and shrugged. "Alright... hop on," he said and stood in front of me, crouching down.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't," he assured me. "You're not heavy, come on. I might not carry you the entire way, but at least a little bit."

"Okay," I agreed and placed the strap of my handbag securely over my body before I got onto his back so he was carrying me piggy-back. He held on to my legs and I had my arms wrapped around him. "Is this okay?" I simply wanted to make sure because he did take a few small steps to balance himself.

"Yes," he said, nodding a little. "Surprisingly it is. I mean, you're really not heavy, I'm not trying to say that but I'm really not the strongest."

"You're doing perfectly fine, really. Please put me down it I'm getting too heavy, okay? I don't want you to hurt your back."

"I will, don't worry. Okay, let's go." With me on his back he continued to walk to his flat.

I held on to him tightly, smiling to myself. He was really cute and I was getting more and more certain that I wasn't imagining anything, and that he actually cared about me. This wasn't something you did with someone you didn't care about.

He really didn't have the most musculous body, that was true, I could tell that even though I hadn't seen him shirtless yet, but for that he was carrying me for surprisingly long. I had only expected him to manage it for a few steps, but he kept walking. I could feel his breathing getting heavier and his steps slowing down, so I wasn't surprised when he finally did stop and very gently lowered me onto the ground again.

"Okay," he breathed, running a hand through his hair. "We're nearly there, it's just down there," he said, pointing to our right. "Can you walk until there?"

I chuckled and quickly kissed his cheek. "Yes, I can, of course. I could have walked the entire way but I did enjoy that. You always put yourself down when it comes to that but you are quite strong."

"I'm glad I could make it seem that way," he said amused. "Okay, let's go." He reached for my hand again and we walked the last few metres.

"This might be a really strange thing to say," I told him and walked along with him. "But your hair smells really nice, I like your shampoo."

"You do? Well thanks. I'm glad you don't think I smell bad." His breathing was slowly returning to normal and he was starting to look for his key in his trouser pockets.