[63] Brian May Imagine - The Guinea Pigs 4

It had been two days since the night at Brian's place and the whole incident hadn't left your mind since. You had been distracted, and not functioning very well, and it was very noticeable to everyone around you. You hadn't talked to Brian since, you hadn't heard from him, but you were determined to change that. You needed to know if he was okay, so in the evening when you knew he was home you were on your way over to his place.

It was weird, there had never been a time before when you were so nervous about going to your best friend's place but that day you were really close to freaking out which led to not just one or two worried looks from strangers in the tube. Eventually after a seemingly endless trip you were standing in front of his building. You waited in front of it until someone who lived there came outside so you wouldn't have to ring the doorbell and could sneak in instead. You weren't sure what Brian would do if he had to decide whether to let you into the building or not. If you stood in front of his door that was a different thing.

Luckily the people he shared the building with knew you so they didn't have a problem with letting you in. There weren't enough steps sadly, so very soon you found yourself standing in front of Brian's flat, your heart beating heavily. In a moment of courage you knocked and then a few painfully long moments passed until you could hear the door being opened until you found yourself face to face again with the man himself.

His eyes widened in surprise when he saw you and for a moment you just stared at each other. "Oh," he eventually said. "It's you.."

"Yeah," you said, letting your eyes wander over his face. Despite everything, you couldn't keep yourself from smiling a little. It had only been two days but you had missed him. "Hi..."

"Hi," he replied softly.

It was clear that you didn't know how to act around each other but since you were the one who had come to his place and not the other way around you figured it was your responsibility you didn't get lost in awkward silence. "Uhm... we... we kinda have to talk about things, Bri... I mean, I really would like that because I can't live like this. I don't like being on bad terms with you..." You looked at him pleadingly, hoping he'd be able to tell you were serious about this.

"Me neither," he agreed. He was trying to seem calm but you could tell he was getting nervous, you knew him well enough for that. "D-Do you want to come in?"

"If that's okay, yeah." Somehow you managed to smile at him. Actually it wasn't that hard because seeing him always made you happy.

"Of course it is," he told you and stepped aside to let you in.

You were both trying to act normal but it was clear that there still were unsolved problems standing between you and normality, if something like normality would ever be possible again. You had tried to take Joanna's advice and not think too much but it had been hard. Brian was constantly on your mind and despite your hopes not always in the most innocent way. Joanna had had a point when she had said that maybe you wanted more as well. You were more than confused and you were hoping that this visit would clear things up a little.

You stepped inside his flat, waiting for him to close the door behind you. You placed your jacket on the coat rack and took off your shoes, all in silence with Brian watching you.

When you had straightened up again he took a deep breath and gestured to the living room. "Uhm... talk in there? Do you want something to drink?"

"Yeah, some water would be nice.." You nodded a little and smiled.

This was awkward like the first time being at a guy's flat. It certainly didn't feel like you were visiting your best friend at the moment. However, you did know his flat so you went ahead and sat down on the couch - the couch that had started it all. It was impossible not to get reminded of Friday night. You didn't want that but it was flooding your mind, the way he had looked at you, your conversations and not to forget about the very prominent sexual tension between you. And you had enjoyed it so much. You allowed yourself to admit that, because there really was no use in trying to deny that. There was also not really much use in trying to deny that you wouldn't have a problem with doing that again.