[144] Brian May Imagine - The Interview

A spontaneous one-shot inspired by a gif, Next Door Neighbours will continue after this. A smut warning has hereby been issued. Enjoy!

. . . .

Another day, another city, another show. And another interview. And I had to be part of everything because that was my job. I loved my job, but it could get tiring and lonely. And sometimes being surrounded by men was hard, I struggled to be taken seriously a lot of the time. As it had been the case now, the TV staff nearly refused me entrance to the building because they 'didn't have room for crazy fan girls'. Their words.

I had learned to ignore remarks like that, I kept my head up high and did my job as if nothing had happened. Getting upset over something like that wouldn't help, and I always knew I could rely on Brian to have my back. He was the one who had gotten me this job, and he was the one who continued to make life a little easier for me.

So now, here I was, sorting through my papers to make sure I could take notes of everything that happened during the interview. The interviewer and camera man kept eyeing me sceptically, but I turned a blind eye on them. After years in this business, I had a thick skin, few things got to me anymore. Very few things. But one of them... one man didn't let me keep my cool. And that man was the very same as the one who made sure I could do my job. Brian.

"Are they still giving you a hard time?" His soft voice came from beside me as he knelt down beside my chair, placing his hand on my back.

I loved that feeling. The warmth radiating from his skin made me shiver and smile at the same time. I turned my head and looked at him, only to find him resting his eyes on me with that beautiful trademark half smile half smirk on his face. He made my heart race and something told me he wasn't as unaware of that as he liked to pretend. I was quite sure he knew what he was doing. It was impossible for a man to be this attractive and not be aware of it.

"No," I managed to reply. My heart was racing for an entirely different reason. "I'm fine. Thanks again, Brian, I appreciate," I told him, trying to keep it professional, as hard as that was.

He had been so flirty these past days, I wanted nothing more than to forget about everyone around us and reciprocate. But I couldn't. Not in front of these TV people, they were judgmental enough as it was. I didn't need them commenting on the less-than-professional relationship between Mr May and the band's press woman.

"That's good. Let me know if that changes, okay," he said, his voice low, his mouth close to my ear. Damn... he had to be doing this on purpose.

"Mhm," I managed to get out and turned my head to smile at him, swallowing heavily when I realised how close our faces were to each other.

The smirk on his face grew and he wiggled his eyebrows. "Good," he said just as quietly, before he straightened up and went to sit down on his allocated spot on the couch.

It was ridiculous how easily he turned me into a hormonal mess. The things he did turned me into a mess but I loved it. Biting my lip, I crossed my legs and forced myself to look away from him. Anywhere that was not his gorgeous face. Anywhere that would not add to the mess that he turned me into.

But that was hard. He was irresistible, it was like a curse. Once you were in his power, there was nothing you could do to escape those intense hazel eyes, staring you down in a way that was anything but ambiguous or innocent. Those eyes could talk, and they had perfected the language of seduction. And I hated that as much as I loved it. He made my entire skin tingle with a single glance, he had more power over me than any man I had met so far.