[78] Brian May Imagine - Acquaintance with Consequences 3

But not with me, no. I hadn't put up with all his crap just for him to ruin it now. I owed that to Brian. I glanced at him, it was easy to tell he was hesitant, so I nudged his side to get his attention.

With a heavy sigh, Brian turned around to face Josh again. "Don't you have anything better to do with what little time you have on this planet? Is it really so important to you to know that I have a girl by my side?"

No reply was also a reply so I gently tugged on Brian's hand, making him look at me. "Let's just do this so he can use his tiny brain capacity for something else." I could tell Brian didn't really believe what he was hearing, he seemed not entirely certain about what I meant. But it was clear that there was only one way to make Josh shut up and that was to kiss, put on a little show, make him jealous even. I was more than determined to do that, I wanted Brian to be able to live his life in peace. I was quite certain that Brian wouldn't mind kissing me, but he was nervous if that really was what I meant because he was a true sweetheart.

To make the decision a little easier for him, I stepped close to him and wrapped my arms around him, standing so close to him that a sheet of paper between us wouldn't have fall to the ground. Brian tensed up a little, but wrapped his arms around me too, gently caressed my waist. I knew he didn't like this, he preferred the privacy, but he also wanted Josh to just leave him alone. He looked at me with a small smile and I returned that, nodding a little, encouraging him.

He leaned down and held me close before he kissed me softly. His lips were soft and I loved how they felt against mine. He was hesitant at first but that disappeared very soon. He slowly deepened the kiss and I didn't have a problem with that because he was a great kisser. I loved it actually. Brian seemed to remember that we were being watched because he let his hand wander a little lower on my back, lower and lower. I didn't mind, I let him guide me, and he did. We got a little carried away, not as much as some other couples we had run into, but it wasn't a kiss that was purely part of an act. I could tell that.

I decided to slowly pull away, pecking Brian's lips again before I took a step back, smiling at him before I reached for his hand.

"Not bad," he mumbled, smiling widely. "Not bad at all."

"Mhm," I replied, intertwining our fingers. "Not at all."

I looked at him, but Brian was looking around, furrowing his eyebrows. "He disappeared."

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Who?"

"Josh," Brian pointed out the obvious. "Where did he go? We kissed for him, and he didn't even see."

"You kissed me only for him?" I asked, teasing him a little.

Brian looked at me and shrugged, smiling. "That may have been the initial reason..," he admitted, keeping his hands on my arm. "It's not like you didn't enjoy it."

"Well what can I say?" I shrugged and smirked at him. "I think we made our point."

"I think so too," Brian said, smiling widely. "Do you want another drink? You deserve that."

"I do?" I asked, chuckling. "Now I have to earn my drinks with kisses?"

Now Brian laughed softly. "That's not a bad idea actually. Come on." He placed his hand on my back, making he smile. He was in a very good mood suddenly, which was good to see. He had been very tense before. He seemed relieved that he had managed to keep Josh at bay for now, hopefully it would stay this way. I followed him through the crowd, making sure I didn't lose him. He seemed to know quite a few people because he stopped here and there to say hello, taking the opportunity to introduce me too.