[51] Brian May Imagine - The Meteors 5

"Do you have any other favourite songs?" See, it really was getting easier and easier to ask him questions, because he was so sweet and ... normal about answering them.

"A few more, yeah. My Generation for example, I like that one. But the list is long. Mostly I don't remember then immedaitely though."

"Oh I know what you mean. It's the same with books and films, whenever people ask me what I like I forget everything I've ever watched and read." The phenomenon he had described was one I was very familiar with.

Brian hummed a little. "Yes, exactly. I'm so glad that you know what I mean. You know, I'm glad that I gave you a call because this is really nice, just with you. I'm sure some of the others are getting a little drunk and I don't need that now."

"What?" I asked, chuckling softly. "You don't need to get drunk now because this is nice?"

"Yes, no, well... uhm... I meant... well, other people might get drunk to make time pass because they don't have such nice company, but I don't even need to consider that because you're here. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah," I confirmed. "That does make more sense now. And that's very sweet of you to say. I have to admit I'm glad that we ended up having the wrong address too because this is much nicer if I'm honest. I told you I'm not so good with a lot of people, so I prefer this. Especially because I'm not making a huge fool of myself - hopefully."

"You're not, don't worry. This is going very well. Do you maybe want to lie down and start looking at the sky? I think the chances to see meteors now are increasing. And if you want to keep talking we can do that too."

"We can do that, yes. Both, I mean. Do you have enough space to lie down? You're quite long.."

Brian chuckled when I said that. Of course, that was a slightly awkward thing to say.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "I was just wondering, I know that's awkward but I do that kind of thing."

"No it's okay, it's sweet that you think about that," he told me as we both lay down, side by side. "My feet are on the grass, but that's okay, I'm wearing boots. Are you warm enough? Tell me if I'm claiming too much of this blanket," he said, referring to the second blanket that was covering us both.

"That's fine, I'm warm enough, I'll tell you if that changes. Do you want a pillow? I have a couple of blankets more in the car if you need one." I turned my head to the side where he was lying, trying to make out his shape in the dark.

"For now I'm good, I think. I'll tell you if I change my mind. Tell me if you spot something. Maybe we can even see the milkyway, that would be very nice."

I nodded a little and turned my attention back to the sky. "I'll do my best." There was another silence before I decided to try to avoid awkwardness. "Do you maybe have another one of those questions? That was quite nice and it's easy to talk to you."

"It is? That's good to hear. Let me think for a moment." His voice was getting a little quieter, but it still sounded wonderful. "Okay, how about this, it's a little more into the whole getting-to-know-each-other business, but maybe you feel comfortable with that. What is something that you've created that you're proud of?"

"Oh.." That was a good question, but not an easy one. "Alright, let me think. That's a tough one to be honest. You think about your answer too, I'm curious."

"I can go first if you want, if that's easier," he offered, something that I was glad to hear.

"I'd appreciate that, yeah. I'm curious about that." I really was, of course I was. I was here in the dark, on a lonely field with probably the cutest guy of our generation and we were talking and getting to know each other and it was wonderful.