[3] Freddie Mercury Imagine 1 - 1+2

Part 1:

Freddie was nervously pacing the recording studio. It was almost time for lunch, which meant it was almost time for him to see you. He got a few curious and at the same time amused looks from his band mates, who simply couldn't figure out why he always got so nervous just before the left the studio for lunch. 

Roger was determined to find out why, so as soon as Freddie marched out of the room, he sneakily followed him. It turned out that Freddie didn't waste any time and directly went down to the reception, where you were sitting on your chair, bored out of your mind. 

It was a quiet day and you practically didn't have anything to do. So when the energetic young man approached you with a shy smile, you sat up straight and smiled back at him. "Freddie! Hey!" 

He placed both his hands on the counter and smiled at you. "Hey Y/N. How are you today?" 

You crossed your legs and leaned back in your chair. "I'm good. So bored, but what can you do.. what about you?" 

Freddie smiled and started playing with one of the pencils that were lying on the counter." I'm good too, the same. The album is just not coming along. Do you have any messages for us?" 

You smiled to yourself. He asked that question every day, apparently hoping for some news for his band. You thought it was adorable. Little did you know that you were the reason he so eagerly made his way down to the reception and almost every day found one or another excuse to stay with you for a while. 

That day he found a scrap of paper and spent his time amusing you with caricatures of various celebrities. You couldn't remember a time when you had laughed as much as when he handed you a very feminine drawing of Paul McCartney. Still holding the drawing, you wiped the tears of laughter out of the corners of your eyes and looked at Freddie. "Can I keep this? It's hilarious." 

Freddie's smile widened and he nodded. "Of course you can, Y/N." He looked at the clock and sighed a little. "I have to go back now, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" He hopefully looked at you, warming your heart. 

"Of course, Freddie, like every day. Good luck with your album! I'll gladly listen to your songs if you want a second opinion." 

Freddie shot a grateful smile. "Thank you Y/N. I may get back to you on that. I really gotta go, I don't want them to yell at me." 

You chuckled and waved at him. "See you tomorrow, Freddie." He started walking away before he turned around again and waved at you, making you smile again. 

Roger waited until Freddie had walked up the stairs again, before he came out from his hiding spot with a wicked grin. He followed Freddie and closed the studio door behind them. The other three were already back, so Roger clapped his hands and shouted excitedly. "Freddie is in love!" With that he was sure to have all eyes in the room on him. 

Freddie stared at him with wide eyes and blushed. "Oh shut up, Roger. I'm not in love." 

Brian and John turned towards their singer. "You're in love? With who?" 

Freddie sighed and rubbed his face. "I'm not in –" 

Before Freddie could finish the sentence, Roger interrupted him. "Yes you are, stop denying it." 

Brian looked from Freddie to Roger with a wide smile. "Who is it? Do we know her?" 

Freddie slumped down on the chair and groaned. "No one." 

"Y/N from the reception." 

John and Brian's eyes widened. "Y/N? Really? Aww, that's so adorable."