[9] Freddie Mercury Imagine 4

Imagine walking into your school one day and finding a guy you've never seen before standing in front of your classroom. He looked a little lost, but you weren't too good with new people, so you simply gave him a shy smile and went inside, sitting down in your spot. You began to doodle in your little notebook, waiting for the teacher to arrive and the lesson to start. 

Out of the corner of your eye you could see your teacher entering the room, so you closed your notebook and looked up, expecting him to start teaching as usual. Much to your surprise, he didn't. Instead, he pointed to the boy standing next to him, who you recognised as the one who had been standing in front of the classroom, the one you had smiled at. 

The boy let his eyes wander across the students and seemingly recognised you, because he gave you a shy smile. You returned the gesture and looked at your teacher expectantly. 

"Good morning class. Today, we have a new student. This is Farrokh, he just moved here. I expect you to give him a warm welcome." 

He quietly said something to Farrokh, who nodded and made his way over to sit next to you. That made you nervous, you didn't know how to behave around and talk to someone new. You shuffled in your seat and looked up at Farrokh, smiling a bit insecurely. 

"Hey," he greeted you with a soft voice, you returned the greeting. Quickly, he sat down in the chair next to you and took out his school things. Neither of you said any more as the teacher begins his lesson. The two of you repeated that over the next few days, not really saying more than 'hey' to each other. 

One day, you were exceptionally bored during class, so you kept drawing in your small sketchbook, unaware of the glances Farrokh was sending your way. You let out a sigh of relief when the bell rang and closed your notebook. 

Next to you Farrokh chuckled lightly. "Not very interesting today huh?" 

A little surprised you looked at him with a smile and shrugged. "Not particularly, no." You expected the conversation to be over but that wasn't the case. 

"Y/N," Farrokh began, "I couldn't help but look at your drawing." 

Your eyes widened a little and you became nervous instantly. 

"It's really good. Could I – I don't know, have a look at your other drawings? We could eat lunch together. I mean, I understand if you don't want to, I was just wondering y'know?" He smiled sheepishly at you and looked at his hands. 

You were a little surprised but returned the smile. "You think so? Thanks. I'd like to eat lunch with you, Farrokh. Do you just want to meet in the cafeteria?" 

He nodded, grinning. "Yes that sounds good. I'll see you there Y/N. Oh, and please call me Freddie." 

You smiled and mumbled an 'okay' before making your way to your next class, looking forward to lunch.